Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
mild gastritis and a hiatal hernia
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I am taking lansaprozole for my gastritis and it worked for a couple of weeks then I find myself unable to digest food as it is restricting stomach acid so I am stuck in a circle . as I have been unable to eat for a few days I have only taken kelonticon gel but I find my stomach is having little pin pricks now and again shoul I be worried.
Posted on 05/23/12, 06:53 am
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Gastritis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/23/12  10:24am
" Hi Anita and welcome to the forum!

What amount of lansaprozole were you taking a day?

I have the same trouble you describe when I'm taking two ppi's a day. I would supplement with a pro-biotic to help with digestion. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/23/12  12:00pm
" I sometimes take Dom peridone to help move digestion a little faster but I can tell when it gets bad because I seem to have a backlash of foam and froth in my mouth from the hiatal hernia . On a good day you just taste sweetness or bits coming back up. At least it's not acidic . How long have you had your gastritis for and how come you have oesphagitis do you have a weakening of the lower esophageal sphincter ? Can you still do so much exercise with this problem? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 05/23/12  12:32pm
" hi anita mo
im taking omeprazole on a morning & ranitidine at night also i take gaviscon but the best ive found lately is sainsburys own fruit brand ant-acid tablets they really do the trick when ive got a bit of heartburn or acid reflux, ive had this on & off for over 2 years now theres no real cure its just a case of changing your lifestyle & diet also try not to get to stressed thats real bad for causing acid i find with exercise its pretty much up to how you feel but would advice against stomach crunches, my doc also told me to try & avoid bending & stretching as that can play your gastritis up good luck your not alone "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/24/12  8:16am
" Anitamo asked me
"How long have you had your gastritis for and how come you have oesphagitis do you have a weakening of the lower esophageal sphincter ? Can you still do so much exercise with this problem?

I have had gastrtitus since mid summer of 2010. Diagnosed officially in Feb of 2011. I healed that bout with 40 mg of aciphex for about 3 months. I had another bout that begn in Jan of 2011 due to some stupid risks I took with meds like ibuprofen. I am almost healed now.
My esophagitis was related to me acid reflux. As I slept the acid was damaging the esophagus. As for excercise, my gastritus creates more problems than esophagitus. I excercise daily . I love to jog and hike. When it's at it's worse I may have to take a few days and just walk to keep from aggravating it. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web