Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Substitute for Airborne?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Anybody know of any substitute for Airborne? My husband I use it all the time, but now it is play havoc with my stomach. I guess it must have citric acid or such in it. My husband is immune-compromised due to his many ailments, and the doctor warns him to protect himself. So whenever we feel either of us has been exposed to anything to head it off at the pass with Airborne. So far it has worked like a charm. But now, with this flare-up, I'm sure I won't be able to use it anymore. Ideas?
Posted on 05/16/12, 11:47 am
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Gastritis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/17/12  3:15am
" Does the list of ingredients state anything to be concerned about?

Have you just started taking it? Is this why you think this is the cause of your pain?

I gather it's an all-in-one supplement for the immune system? So it will definitely have a high dose of Vit C as this is one of the most important vitamins for supporting the immune system... chances are it is ascorbic acid.

Any other equivalent/substitute is also going to have Vit C in it. Your best bet is to possibly get individual supplements - like a good Vit E, an ascorbic-free Vit C - Ester C has been recommended, and a good Multi with a good range of antioxidants.

Good luck! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/17/12  6:38am
" As I said in my post "my husband and I use it all the time" and we have for many years.
No, I did not figure it was the cause of my flare-up.
No, it is not an all-in-one supplement for the immune system.
This is a link to info regarding it: http://coldflu.about.com/od/overthe...
It has been like a miracle for us, taken at the first tickle in the throat from exposure, and done in three hour doses as directed, we have been warding off bugs for many years.
Yes, I am familiar with and we do take individual supplements.
I was asking if there is anyone who is familiar with Airborne, that would know of an actual substitute. Obviously there isn't, so just forget I asked. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 05/17/12  7:19am
" http://www.diet444.com/airborne_alt...

I don't know anything about Airborne or Herbalife products, but found this.
Perhaps you could contact Herbalife and ask about the ingredients in this product.
Best of luck! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/17/12  7:40am
" Thank you, Sunlovinmom. That does sound similar, but still has that old Vitamin C. I do appreciate your taking the time to look it up for me. Smiles, Jan "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 05/17/12  10:14am
" well EXCUSE ME for my 2 cents worth!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 05/17/12  10:55am
" LOL "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 05/17/12  7:17pm
" Jan: I often buy products from Puritan's Pride.http://www.puritan.com/

They have 'tons' of vitamins, etc.. They may be able to direct you to something similar to Airborne.

BTW, they have a paper catalog and usually have a 'buy one, get one free' or 'buy two, get 3 free' sale going on. (I prefer paper catalogs to craning my neck looking online. Fibromyalgia can be nasty!). "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web