Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
I'm Scared~!!
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
From reading almost every post that i've found it seems gastritis doesn't heal? My GI doctor said maybe 3 months but that's sum BS after reading on this site it seems that some people have had it for years. Is this the case it takes forever for the stomach to heal? How come? I've been doing this bland food diet and only drinking water for a while now but it doesn't seem to be getting better. I got my gastritis due to taking too much medication for two days tylenol #3 to be exact. I should be sleeping i got a doctors apt in the morning but i can't im nervous about that too.
Posted on 03/05/12, 12:28 am
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Gastritis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/05/12  8:56am
" It can heal. Mine did. It depends on the cause and every person is different. As for the reason it won't heal, there can be many factors. Stress, diet, finding the right treatment for you.... a lot goes into it honestly. Hang in there and take it one day at a time. In the meantime, if anything arises, call your doctor. Be your own best advocate and hang in there. It is a rough journey, but it will be okay. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/05/12  5:06pm
" dont stress yourself out about it. People who have had gastritis for many years could possibly have underlying health problems.I know how you feel i used to worry about that too. But now I am feeling alot better and its been 4 months, and I am getting ready to get off all my meds. I think it takes a while to feel a diference, i took the pills faithfully and I didnt start feeling better till recently. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/05/12  7:10pm
" Hi Dennis well I had other problems with my stomach first. I had a stomach ulcer,then had my gallbladder out. My stomach had healed so I stopped taking the PPI,I got oesophaghitis. My gastritis came after this,I would say nearly two years. It got a bit better last year but flared up again,about the end of October. I also have a hiatus hernia. It does depend on the cause and diet etc. I hope it does heal we can,t keep having this. Ask your doctor what they think. Ive had different answers over time. I was told it would heal,things do. I was told it takes time to heal as it goes through the lower stomach lining. A nurse said something about both linings having to heal,I can,t remember the details she said. Another doctor said the nerves had to heal after my gallbladder op. Bile can get into the stomach,irritate it and cause gastritis. Thats the one that is difficult to get rid of. I hope all the time I haven,t got that. It should sort itself out hopefully. It can take more than a few months,despite what doctors say. It should heal eventually. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/06/12  11:10am
" I'm sure it will never heal fully,but it can improve but it's up to us,anxiety,stess ecc. makes it very dificult.
I know a person,she had it for over 40 years,after getting dement,she begun to eat very normal food.
And a friend of mine is gonig through the same....without beeing dement....just by stay calm...assuming bach flowers.
I've tried everything.....and nothing helped me,anxiety plays a big rule in my life!!!
I'm currently trying to change my life...i'm sure it will help.

:-) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 03/06/12  5:51pm
" Hi well Ive got a very painful flare up today. I just wish it would settle down and go for good. I hope it doesn,t stick around for years,I can,t cope anymore,its agony. Does it calm down then and get under control? How can someone cope for years with it? The best thing is never to get it. I got it through the painkillers as I didn,t know they could do your stomach in. I think the health authorities should give more warnings out. I didn,t know at the time. I didn,t even know what gastritis was then either. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 03/07/12  1:55am
" If you may pardon my french, gastritis is a fickle bitch.

For some it can come and go quickly, considering quickly is the span of three or four months. I know some people who have gone through a quick recovery and can eat almost anything again. (I hear hot and spicy will be off the menu indefinitely).

For others, such as some on this forum, it can go on for years, either because it is a severe condition of gastritis or an underlying effect of a worse condition.

Fortunately, I'm looking cautiously optimistic at the moment, providing that I was able to keep down some peanut butter lately, but the sight of that leftover fried chicken the family had for dinner is torturing me.

So, yeah, for some it's a quick recovery, others it's a lifetime struggle. Best advice I can give: take it one step at a time and don't eat anything you don't believe you are ready to eat again (because that's most likely your body saying that it can't handle it yet). And if it all comes to worst, there's a forum of advice and support. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 03/08/12  1:51am
" Thanks for the replies everyone i'll keep my chin up and take it one day at a time.. Best wish to all of you and your recovery!! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web