How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Loss of appetite not a symptom of gastritis!
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I just spoke with my gastro and he says that loss of appetite is not a typical symptom of gastritis! Now I'm really worried!!
Posted on 01/06/12, 04:01 pm
26 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Gastritis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/06/12  4:18pm
" Don't worry . In the very beginning I didn't want to eat either . My appetite definitely picked up but it's taken a while and I still have days where I don't have very much appetite . Your's will pick up . Stressing will just make you feel worse . I know this because I am the Queen of stress ! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/06/12  6:25pm
" I was starving...but everything I looked at made me feel sick. I had no appetite when I had my first real bad attack. I felt full but hungry...just didn't want to eat anything. Sounds strange but I think loss of appetite is typical. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/06/12  6:47pm
" I think what makes me worried is the fact that the dr. says that this is the first time he's seen appetite loss in gastritis. I'm starting to think it may be the cause of something else. He's even scheduled me for a CT scan. Everything on the internet says appetite loss can be a sign of cancer. I think I need to stop doing research on the internet. It's making me super stressed! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/06/12  6:48pm
" what are your other symptoms besides the appetite loss? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/06/12  7:00pm
" Looking things up on the Internet is not a good thing to do. I know this because that's the first thing I do when I'm sick ..
Loss of appetite is probably a symptom of a lot of things . If you're very anxious you can lose your appetite too . "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/06/12  7:20pm
" Hi running girl Im sure you will get your appetite back. I find it hard to eat as it hurts so much. You proberly will soon find that you have a craving for foods you shouldn't eat for gastritis. Just give it a few weeks and if it doesn't approve you could tell the doctor again. My doctor was saying that my gastro would proberly do some scans on me next. I know the gastro mentioned this but he didn't give me an appointment for it. At least I might get some answers which is what I want,but I don't know what good it would do. I will have to see what he says next time. Its no good thinking the worst until you know it. Its best not to worry. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 01/06/12  8:41pm
" I had loss of appetite for 4 months i thought, i would never feel hungry again and both of my primary and my Gastro said one of the symptoms of gastritis can be loss of appetite ,so u see nothing to worry about!!! I lost close to 38lbs in 8 months most of it i lost in the first 4-5 ...my appetite came slowly back and now that i stopped the PPI it is fully back .....my other symptoms are nausea , dizzieness,stomach pain , back shoulder and arm pain, no energy and very tired ....at the start i googled myself crazy i came up with everything u can think of from cancer to tumors .....your appetite will come back dont worry :) it just takes a little time . "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 01/06/12  8:57pm
" running girl thank you for posting this i had loss of appetite to and my doctor seems to think i have gastroparisis.witch realy made me nervous. i feel ok now. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 01/06/12  9:09pm
" Thank you everyone for your encouraging comments. Makes me feel a little better. Dagmar68, I also have dizziness at times, usually when I feel like my stomach is upset. My gastro doesn't think dizziness is a symptom of gastritis either. He suggests that maybe i need to see a cardiologist. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 01/06/12  9:58pm
" I didn't have much appetite at all, especially when I first got gastritis back in July, 2011. But I think much of that was because I was so incredibly sore that I knew I wouldn't even enjoy eating--the pain overruled everything.

I agree that when one is stressed, it's hard to have any appetite. I know for me anyway, if I'm under big stress, my digestion practically shuts down completely. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web