Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Vegetarian Cheese
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Amoung hundres of things i wont bore you with listing, cheese is a real craving for me at the minute, i desperatly need something to eat with wholemeal tortillas as they seem to sit pretty well with me but i find them more than boring to eat on there own and dont know of any spreads ect that i'd be ok using either.
Posted on 10/15/10, 01:38 am
89 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Gastritis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/15/10  6:47am
" Have you tried any of the soft cheese spread? I have a tesco extra light cheese spread in the fridge which only has 1g of fat per serving. Planning of having some stuffed in some chicken for dinner and hope its ok. Had an awful night of pain last night so really don't want to kick anything off today. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/15/10  9:32am
" Hi Darbs, i did once actually when i was first ill,but to honest i didnt try it again because i wasnt sure if it was the cheese or what ever i ate it on that gave the problems. I cant even remember what i would've had it on, surley a slice of bread, pitta or a cracker of some sort. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/15/10  12:35pm
" For the third time, ever so far between, I have finished my daughters bowl of Chicken Flavoured Super Noodles, and they dont give any more pain than than the foods do that sit relativeley well!!! Arnt they full of crap? lol. Weird! I also managed to buy some salt free crackers, in fact they seem to be free from everything, they dont taste very nice, but food is food at the mo i guess, anywho, maybe them on they own would've been ok, however, i went and bought some low fat low salt cheese slices things from the same health food shop and had a slice in between two of the crackers.... the outcome was not good..:( Ho-hum "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/15/10  5:33pm
" it might be the crackers. when trying anything new, only try one new ingredient at a time otherwise your left guessing and could be eliminating a food you can eat. I know in the early stages I had four reactions to rice. I will try again soon as on reflection it could have been some of the other vegies I have since removed from my diet. trial and error but only one thing at a time to know for sure. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/15/10  5:57pm
" yeah i kinda thought about that afterwards that i should've just had one cracker, but its soooooooo dry!!!
Will try one tomorrow on its own and see how it goes. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/15/10  6:05pm
" I was told goat cheese is okay, but have yet to try it. You may want to consider it. Supposed to sit easier on the GI tract. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/15/10  10:28pm
" eah i've heard that, guess i'll have to give it ago. If you ever looked inside my fridge, you'd think i was crazy, i think theres just about every cheese known to man in there that i keep buying thinking "surley this one will be ok" lol. Its shocking.
By the way, this is me, up in a little pain at half 3 am.
Yawn. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 10/16/10  9:38am
" Know what you mean harveyswife about up at 3am and yawn - do that regularly - totally unbeknowns to hubby snoring away of course. I always find a glass of milk helpful - don't know why but my tum likes it. Goat's cheese is really gentle on the stomach, I keep it in. I take it a strong blue smelly cheese is off the menu at the mo !!!!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 10/16/10  10:13am
" Seems to me that all cheese is off the menu for me at the, i've bought my last resort today, which in fact is Goats cheese. Gonna give it a go later. What do you eat yours on?
And i know what you mean about the hubby thing, blissfully unawawre! lol.
I'm not sure if milk sits well with me either, in general i dont drink it anyway, but about 3 weeks ago i had a small bowl of bran flakes and was in agony afterwards so i've steered clear, cant say if it was the milk or cereal though.
Also got myself some Tetleys Green Tea today, have you tried it? I probrably wont like it, just really want a hot drink that i can stomach. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 10/16/10  11:04am
" I find goat cheese to be easy on the belly..but then again, for some reason, there are not many cheeses that do bother me. Hope you can find one that works for you soon. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web