Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Pernicious Anemia
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi everyone I don't know how many of you suffer from Pernicious Anemia due to the gastritis but I started a Group just for Pernicious Anemia. It seemed like all the posts were getting lost among the other anemia post. So I just wanted to let you know and hope to see some of your there.

Thanks
Penny
Posted on 06/27/10, 04:38 pm
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Gastritis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/27/10  5:33pm
" HI Penny,
I don't suffer from it at this stage, but good for you for starting another support group that you need. Inspirational.
Cas "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 06/28/10  2:33pm
" How on earth have you managed to maintain a good level of B12?

I don't know if mine was wiped out by the Celiac or what, but my levels were NILL. Same as my vit d levels, but that didn't surprise me living up here in the boonies of NY.

Thank You!!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 06/28/10  6:43pm
" i take among my other vitamins, a b multi from my naturopath. I couldn't stomach the vitamins the first few weeks I was sick but am ok now. I still miss my tablets every three days or so.(not the slippery elm or acidophilus though). My iron levels were ok a couple of weeks ago and I can cope with meat. I've pulled back a bit on that for a few days to rest the old tum. Without my vitamin d i would again be defecient. Not much sunshine where I live during the winter months. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 06/29/10  10:58am
" I am surprised you are able to take vitamins and have them absorb. I have to discuss with my dr's and natural path about taking some under the tongue to go directly to the blood stream. When I do tinctures that is how I take them. I bypass the stomach that way. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 06/29/10  5:53pm
" i'm absorbing most of them. Not so good with some of the goodies for my immune system. I'm working on that. I threw too many things at my stomach last week so it's no wonder i had the week from hell. Things are slowly settling and having my dad visit is the best medicine I could ask for. good luck. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 06/30/10  8:08pm
" Today I had a fairly good day digestively, but I barely ate anything which has been the norm for me lately. I have had issues with a massive headache, leg tremors and now my bones are aching something fierce. I am on a downhill spiral and I can't seem to find a way out.

Cas I hope you had a great visit with your dad. He's like real good home made chicken noodle soup.--Is there a book called --Dad's for the soul??? If not you write one---LOL

Hope you are feeling better. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 06/30/10  9:18pm
" Hi Penny,
dad is indeed like a good soup. I liked the desription. I'm so sorry things are piling up on you. Maybe it's something in the air. I had one good day and am struggling a bit today. Having dad here is good to take my mind of my woes even when I feel blah. Also a rea life shoulder to cry on. You're in my prayers,
Cas "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 07/01/10  6:58pm
" Thanks Cas, I don't do much crying, I try to be a stone about everything but my stone is beginning to crumble, and I fear of falling into a deep depression. The gastric issues are going on now steadily since Feb, before it was intermittant and I kept thinking it was Gluten contamination but I know now it probably wasn't.

Maybe one day I will have a good cry, but for now my stubbornness wont allow it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 07/01/10  9:28pm
" i can reccommend a good cry Penny. It seems to release toxins and can have a settling effect...mind you I am a tap.
all the best with everything.
Cas "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 07/10/10  10:34pm
" Honestly, I hope that you did have a good cry. It cleans the spirit. Sometimes, we just need to let it all out. Then after that I hope that you picked yourself up, wiped your face, and regained your resolve. You are strong and you can make it through this. You have to believe that.

Now, as for the pernicious anemia. Yes, I have this. I control it with daily vitamins and a weekly B12 injection. It's super cheap and well worth it. Your energy level with definitely get a kick. I would highly recommend it! "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web