Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Pain medication for Gastritis?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hello,
Could someone please help me, I am in a lot of pain with my Gastritis for the past three days my stomach lining has flared up again. What medications are used to treat Gastritis. I am on 40mg of Dexillant and my Gastroenternologist told me to take Pepto Bismol for stomach relief, however it does not help with the Gastritis. However what medication can be taken for pain management related to Gastritis?

I would greatly appreciate any advice.
Thank You, Maradeur1978
Posted on 04/09/12, 10:50 am
6 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Gastritis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/09/12  1:13pm
" Try to go natural instead of relying on pain meds--Ginger--crystalized Some use Ginger Tea.

The crystalized Ginger is what helps me when I am in pain. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/09/12  5:39pm
" Hi Ive not tried ginger,maybe I should give it a go. Mine too has flared up the past couple of days. Saturday was a good day but its bad again. I had a coffee and shouldn,t have done. When Im in bad pain I take Tramodol and paracetamol. The doctor also put me on Amitryptaline. I even take Diazepam to get to sleep. It is not ideal and I hate all these meds. I try to only take them before bed. I would be glad if the gastritis went away and then I wouldn,t take any pain meds. I take Sucralfate to line my stomach. Some days are ok but Im getting bad flare ups. If it doesn,t hurt I give the pain meds a miss. Its best not to get dependant on them. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/10/12  4:04am
" A heated pad or hot water bottle can work wonders.

I have avoided taking any pain medication, but find pepto bismol soothing. Also natural yoghurt. Also for some reason maple syrup! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/19/12  7:02pm
" Nothing helps mine when it flares up it does so for hours. Ive got Amitryptaline. Im not sure what it does but I can take up to 3 a day at night. Ive took some slippery elm too and some Redbush tea. Also Omega 3 is suposed to be good for inflammation either take cod liver oil or flaxseed. Im mnot sure if its any good,we will have to keep trying stuff. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 05/04/12  5:39pm
" Hi Maradeur how are you doing now? What pain meds did you find to help you? Ive been told to take two Pantoprazoles a day,Tramodol,paracetamol and now Mirtazapine. Ive put a heat pad on my back and it can be used for the stomach. I hope your doing better. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 05/05/12  5:05am
" for pain i take 30mg of codine "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web