Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Leg Cramps
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anyone else suffer from leg cramps? I have always had issues with them, but since surgery I am actually jumping out of bed from the pain... My sleep is seriously disturbed... I have added Magnesium, B1 and have tried Potassium but nothing is giving me any relief..
Posted on 05/05/13, 07:04 pm
5 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Gastric Bypass Surgery. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/05/13  7:10pm
" I have charleyhorses from time to time and they hurt like heck.

I also up my potassium when they start, but recently, I've heard that drinking more water helps alot too.

Sorry you're dealing with it! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/05/13  7:32pm
" I have them horrible since surgery, I actually have been getting them right by my ankle bone. Never had them there before. My sister recommended that I increase my iron intake as I'm kinda lax with that one and it has really made a difference. I had never heard if that but she had read it somewhere and it was worth a try, and it worked. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 05/06/13  12:40am
" Make sure your multi-vitamin has Selenium and Iodine as well. Then you can always add Banana for potassium to your diet too...Best Wishes "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/06/13  1:11am
" I have heard of some people experiencing muscle cramping PO. If your supplements are adequate, you might try drinking at least eight ounces of water before you retire. Sometimes dehydration can contribute to cramping. Good luck. :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 05/06/13  1:36am
" Sorry to hear this! I know how painful they can be!! Last week I overdid it at my strength training class and ended up with a horrendous cramp in my tricep! Never ever had one there before!

The ones that wake you in the middle of the night or horrible too! Just a mean way to be woken up! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web