Discussion:
Craving something to crunch
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Well I am on my liquid diet and I crave something
to crunch what can be done?
Posted on 01/27/13, 02:08 pm
9 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Gastric Bypass Surgery. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/27/13  2:39pm
" if its preop - i would suggest popcicles or crushed ice. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/27/13  2:51pm
" I miss the crunchy salty snacks :( "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/27/13  3:07pm
" I know you do and i don't make light of that trust me. I will be where you are soon, but you must stay focused on your goal no matter how hard it gets. Preparation now = success later, be blessed "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/27/13  4:40pm
" Crushed ice with crystal light mixed in (we crushed it in the ninja with the powder together) was a God send for me during this phase. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/27/13  4:47pm
" Fried Cheese worked for me :D "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/27/13  4:49pm
" lol sorry hit add before finishing my thought, but yeah ice works really good for the crunch when your on a liquid diet "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 01/27/13  6:40pm
" my kids got me a slush machine
Crunchy and canmix with so many flavors of Crystal light
Good pre- op and post- open
and longer!!
I know how hard it is, we all can relate
Good luck!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 01/27/13  8:48pm
" I agree with the other posters that sugar free popsicles and crystal light blended with ice cubes is the best way to satisfy that need for crunch.

I would suggest trying the lemonade crystal light, blended with ice and sprinkle a little sea salt on top to get the salty flavor (it goes great with lemon or lime flavor)! Try it and let me know if it satisfies "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 01/28/13  9:34am
" I got so I wanted to gag with all of the so SWEET liquid required. Switch it up in between with broth chicken, beef or veggie even seafood if that floats your boat. You will be sticking to liquids and getting a salt fix. Depending on how close your surgery is scheduled a few peices of celery or carrot would provide crunch. d "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web