Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
HELP! Hair Loss
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I've been experiecing hair loss. My locks mean so much to me. I must admit that I was off of my daily vitamin routine,drinking some protein shakes, taking multi-vitamins,calcuim caltrate and B-12 shots and missing a few days in between. As of yesterday, I've begun a Biotin regament. I've heard my hair will grow back but when? Any other advice. HELP! I don't want to go bald.:(
Posted on 01/20/13, 12:05 pm
15 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Gastric Bypass Surgery. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #11 - 01/22/13  11:16am
" My hair started falling out like clockwork rigth at 3 months. My hair was on the thinner side to begin with and it is starting to make me nervous. I used to blow dry and use a curling iron, now I just blow dry, but I guess I will stop that too. I bought a shampoo that is supposed to thicken you hair, haven't noticed any difference. I have always kept my hair pretty short so I think my thinning is more noticable than if I had long hair. Hoping it stops soon before I have to get a wig!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #12 - 01/22/13  12:00pm
" Nothing you do will help really. Make sure to get your protein in and vitamins. Mine started at 3 months post op and stopped at about 6 months post op. I started taking Biotin 4 months before I even had sleeve surgery. The hair loss is due to not getting enough protein in right before surgery and after surgery for like a week. I also bought special shampoo and it still came out. I have thick hair so that is good. You won't go bald and it will grow back. Just part of having surgery and also WLS! Hang in there! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #13 - 01/22/13  3:04pm
" I am a few weeks short of my 5 month mark and I am having the same hair loss issues. I know it is part of the process but when you see your hair coming out like this it is so upsetting to say the least. Thanks everyone for responding to feefee's post it has helped me too. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #14 - 01/22/13  3:14pm
" I've noticed some hair loss as well. I started using Nioxin shampoo and was told by the hair stylist that I need to massage it into my scalp for a few minutes not use nails but massage and while it may not prevent the falling it, it could lessen it and make the new hair grow back healthy as well. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #15 - 01/22/13  6:44pm
" I'm 11 months out and I'm still losing hair. Take your vitimans I also use Nixion shampoo "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web