Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
LOVENOX
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
How many and of you used lovenox and was it hard to give the injection to urself ?
Posted on 12/06/11, 01:29 pm
9 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Gastric Bypass Surgery. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/06/11  1:32pm
" i was suppose to and couldn't muster to do it to myself. lol ask for jobe hose. there are other ways to get around it and go home when you should! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/06/11  1:44pm
" I have to administer it to myself after surgery, but I'm not a fan of needles. This should be fun! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/06/11  1:48pm
" @paprika2 whats a jobe hose ? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/06/11  1:53pm
" I had to give myself LOvenox injections before and after surgery, since I had to be off my coumadin. I also had to do it in1999 because I had blood clots in my legs. In 1999 I gave them in my stomach which did not bother me. This time I had to give them in my thighs. I thought if I gave them in the fatty part of my thigh, close to the inside they would be better. Not so! I found that if I gave them on the outside of my thigh they hurt a lot less. They are not hard to give at all. I used the outisde of the thigh , straight down from the hip and at least 5 inches above the knee. I alternated sites and sides and had very little bruising, except where I gave them in the fatty part of my thigh on the inside or front. You should be okay with it. I also though have given myself insulin shots for the last 4 years, in my stomach and thighs. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/06/11  2:14pm
" I used lovenox for 3 weeks after surgery. I was worried about giving myself a needle, but I really did good with it.

You need to make sure you pinch the area where you're giving yourself the shot. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but it definitely made it less painful for me! Also, expect bruising.

Hopefully I won't scare anyone when I say that the lovenox does burn, but it's not terrible!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 12/06/11  2:37pm
" oh jobe socks they are streachy elastic hose you wear in place of that air compresser you have at the hosp. It keeps you from letting the clots cause damage.

I spelled it wrong i am sure I think it is JOB its on the web.

They will check your dopler readings which is the pulse in your feet. If it is strong good chance your not at risk. You see when we get home we tend to just sit and lay around for a while. Not good! Like on a airplane we need to get up and move on our long trips so we dont get blood clots or thrombosed (spelling) legs.

Nice cute container though comes with it. for the sharps. (needles) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 12/06/11  8:16pm
" I self-administered Lovenox for eight days after surgery (in abdomen). No pain and didn't have a problem with it. But I, too, am diabetic and am used to daily injections. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 12/06/11  8:40pm
" After having blood clots in my lungs, i gave myself lovenox shots for several weeks. Not hard to do at all, but i did bruise quite a bit. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 12/07/11  5:38pm
" I didn't need to take lovenox, but just keep in mind that the shot is the lesser of the two evils. would you rather poke yourself a few times or develope a clot in your leg, which could potentially travel to your lungs, causing a life threatening pulmonary embolism?! The shot doesn't sound so bad in comparison. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web