Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Bariceutical Prescription Supplements
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
My question is should i use Bariceutical Prescription Supplements for my supplements they are around 140.00 per month and if not what is a better brand

here is the web :http://nutraqueen.com/
Posted on 10/14/09, 11:11 pm
6 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Gastric Bypass Surgery. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/15/09  12:02am
" No.. you don't need to spend all kinds of money on "bariatric vitamins" and such.. it's a waste of money.. you cab use vitamins from Target or even Wal-mart. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/15/09  8:25am
" I take the generic flintstones complete from walmart. They are 4 dollars a bottle and last a little over a month. Thats what my doc said to use. I take two a day. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/15/09  8:36am
" i take the generic flinstons from walmart also take caltrate from walmart that is what the doctor said to take don't waist your money heidi "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/15/09  9:53am
" There are some questions you need to ask yourself. First, what does your nutritionist or surgeon say? Their reccomendations are not based on any hope of personal gain, so find out why they would reccommend supplements specially formulated for WLS patients. Second, are the store supplements from places like Walmart truly equivalent to them? You have to become an expert label reader. Keep in mind supplements like Flintstones chewables have alot of sugar and may make you sick. You also have to have a very specific form of calcium, otherwise you will waste your money on a very important part of the post-op routine. Third - have you shopped around and compared prices for bariatric supplements? I buy 3 months worth from bariatriceating.com for 119.00, no tax, free shipping. The last question you have to ask yourself is with the sharp reduction you will sure experience in your food budget, not to mention the harm you will cause yourself if you do not have the proper post-op nutrition, is it really a good idea to scrimp on supplements? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/15/09  11:05am
" I just loaded up on the target brand ! much cheaper! MMMMM good! lol "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/17/09  12:57pm
" I take 2 flintstones and calcium w/ vit d chewable tabs also iron all can be gotten at walmart except the iron ........... dont waste ur money its all the same stuff just cheaper... good luck "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web