Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
What is the best protein shakes
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I will be having my surgery in a few months. I want to be prepared. Which are the best tasting shakes? and most important,which have the most Protien?
Posted on 08/29/08, 12:08 pm
14 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Gastric Bypass Surgery. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/29/08  12:30pm
" Taste is so subjective. One post-ops tasty treat is another's monkey butt. Best bet is to get samples lots of companies have them and you can try before you spend oodles on a big tub of grossness. Also be sure to ask your Dr or Nut sometimes they have recommended brands or stats they want you to seek out. Here's some tips that helped me. Hope they help you too.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.b... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/29/08  12:49pm
" Try to stick with a whey protein isolate if you can. It is the best absorbed prtotein. I use Syntrax Nectars and Jay Robbs Whey Protein Isolate (powder). I only need two scoope a day to meet my protein requirements. Jay Robb has 25g per scoop. My favorite shake is one container of low carb low fat strawberry yogurt, 2 scoops of protein powder, 3 frozen strawberries (early out you can leave out the strawberries) and fill the cup the rest of the way with water and blend. I use the Magic Bullet to blend all my shakes and use that cup for measurement. It serves as my two protein shakes for the day. I drink half in the morning and the other half in the afternoon. Tastes like a real strawberry milkshake!
Donna:) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/29/08  1:19pm
" Hi MissGracie,
I wrote a post titled yummy protien shakes, these are my favorites.
Hope that helps!
Ruthe "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 08/30/08  11:08am
" I hate to make things more frustrating, but chances are, your sense of taste after surgery will be different then it is right now.

Don't buy huge amounts of stuff for after surgery. You'll probly hate it all. If you buy gobs of this stuff and then don't like it, then you are going to be stuck with it. You'd be better, off to take the money you want to spend on this stuff right now, and tuck it away for later.

I gave away probly $200.00 worth of stuff I Hated the taste of after surgery!

God Bless!

Janelle "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/02/08  4:00pm
" I just bought some protein online from Syntrax Nectars - it's their dessert line. It's Chocolate truffle and oh, so good. It mixes well with water, which despite some other products saying they do and not making good on that promise. It tastes so good, that I actually look forward to when I have to take my protein supplement! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/02/08  6:11pm
" I found that th carnation breakfast drink sugar free is pretty decent. IT comes in a variety pack chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. I also add a non-flavored protein supplement to it to boost the protein intake. I purchased Unjury. It can be added to hot or cold liquids, and soft foods. They sell several flavors as well, I have only tried the non-flavored. Here is the link if that helps. http://www.unjury.com/
Sharman "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/02/08  6:44pm
" E.A.S Shakes "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/02/08  9:18pm
" I like unjury "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/02/08  11:03pm
" I used the chocolate E.A.S shakes from WalMart. If I wanted to change it up a bit, I would add ice and a half a small banana. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 09/03/08  1:31am
" wow I just made a great shake, if you like pina colada's this one is good. 1 scoop unjury protein powder, add: walnuts, almonds, pineapple, coconut , rum extract, , pineapple extract, coconut extract, milk and water. Blend completely. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web