Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Pain After Eating?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I am 8 months post op and have had no problems to speak of EXCEPT .... earlier this week, my lower stomach/intestines hurt 3 times a day. It was usually after eating. It was mostly a cramping feeling and lasted about 20 minutes. After a few days of this, the left side of my back hurt too. I went to the emergency room and they did some blood work and everything was normal. Now, I feel completely fine! Anyone else had anything like this? I called my doctor and she said it could be an ulcer, but not to do anything unless the pain came back.
Posted on 04/09/08, 06:08 pm
10 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Gastric Bypass Surgery. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/09/08  6:13pm
" I am almost 7 months post op and I get that cramping too. I too have been tested everything is normal. My primary care doctor is at a loss. I go for a follow up again in two weeks for the surgeon, and I will ask him directly about it,after mine happens it feels like I am bruised all over my tummy area. I'll keep you in mind if he can tell me what it is all about. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/09/08  6:45pm
" I had a major pain which landed me in the ER and the hospital last month. It turned out to be nothing (after a CT scan and bowel motility test). I hope you are feeling better! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/09/08  8:06pm
" That's sooooo weird. I'm having pains right now! Mine happens usually after I eat..about 20-30 min after and lasts for like 45 min. But my pain is just below my ribcage and a little bit behind it on the left...I have been tested and scoped finding nothing :( It eventually goes away but I figure my food either didn't agree with me,I ate too fast, or I ate too much. Never a specific food. The only thing that makes it better is relaxing and laying down or if I eventually vomit I feel better. Let me know too if you hear anything from your dr. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/09/08  8:26pm
" I do fine if I just don't eat, but once I have that first bite my stomach feels like it contracts and is very painful. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/10/08  10:39am
" Hi People.. I had mu surgery about 2 and half weeks ago. The pain could be olic.. like when a baby sucks in to much air. well that's what my surgeon told me i had...Via "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/12/08  6:37pm
" I have the same pain to they checked me for kidney stones and said no I had no stones but signs of them but I am constipated and nothing is helping with it but magnesium citrate which is very painful to take. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/15/08  3:07pm
" I have that pain at time. I am also 8 months post op. I did blood work and it was normal. My doctor said that it seems to be gas. I woke up a couple of nights ago with it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/15/08  5:12pm
" My aunt who had the surgery experienced that when she ate chop meat...

Some foods just do not sit well in our systems.. Keep track of the food that youre eating...

once you figure out what it is try to avoid it for a while..

good luck "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 04/19/11  8:24am
" I am nearly 6yrs Post Op and still have many of the same issues. Foods to typically avoid are heavy meats such as steaks. Also, I tend to have low blood sugar and now have to keep orange juice and peanut crackers on hand. The pain sadly doesnt seem to go away nor does the vomiting after eating certain foods. I did however that drinking plenty of water helps a lot with my ability to eat. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 04/19/11  10:26am
" I'll be a year out on the 29th and have experienced this same type of symptom since day one. Since I have motility issues it was speculated by a different dr that I may be having some type of partial obstruction of some sort but that I still have motility I must be okay.

I just got out of the hospital the other day and was told that I have a good sized ulcer on my suture line. And gallstones however, unrelated.

I'm not sure what to think other than it fits the same description as yours tdavi25's.

Let's keep in touch regarding this if we find any answers : )

Thanks!

Colleen "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web