Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Am I eating enough
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I had GBP on 12/09/11, 3 weeks ago. I have no appetite. I had 1 protein drink, a sccrambled egg, a tbs peanut butter and dinner tonight i had a quarter of a sweet potato and maybe an ounce of grilled steak. Am I eating enough?
Posted on 12/28/11, 09:17 pm
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Gastric Bypass Surgery. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/28/11  9:33pm
" sounds like enough to me. i always feel like i am eating too much but i can't handle more than one scrambled egg (usually with a slice of cheese on it) in one sitting. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/28/11  9:46pm
" If you get your 60 g protein in you are eating enough. If you don't get it with food you need to be drinking it! Protein melts fat and water flushes it! Both are important to your success. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/30/11  10:50pm
" What about your lunch? That sounds like enough at the two meals but it is important to eat three times a day to help prevent the body from going into hard core starvation mode and holding weight. Basicly creating a stall in your weight loss. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/01/12  5:25pm
" Be careful - at 3 weeks I couldn't have handled grilled steak! Worry more about the protein grams than how much you are eating.

You won't have an appetite for months - if you are lucky. Just get as much protein and water in every day as you can. The rest will come in time. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/01/12  5:45pm
" than you, i couldnt handle the steak either,working on getting the protein in. I just hate the shakes "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/01/12  7:04pm
" What other shakes have tried... Keep trying new ones until you find one you do like... GNC has several different ones and if you do not like them will let you return... But they have a power that is 30 grams of protein, 3.5 grams of carbs , .5 of sugar. That onky 8 oz of water to google . It was the only one I truly like. Keep trying until you find one you do like. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 02/14/12  8:14pm
" Wow I am 8 weeks out and my doctor still hasn't approved me for steak and peanut butter. My day consists of

Breakfast 8 oz protein shake
lunch 1 oz cheese and a veggie chick strip
snack cheese stick
dinner 2 oz chicken apple sauce.
snack 8 oz protein shake.

Most of the time I can not finish all my dinner.
I go back to the doctor on the 28th and I am hoping they let me have more of a verity of food. I would love to be eating peanut butter. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 02/14/12  8:52pm
" I was told today that I could eat regular food today, so I ate alittle baked chicken and rice but it still felt like it was way too much even though it was a little. My nut told me to listen to my stomach try to get your protiens in as much as you can but if you feel full just stop. It sounds to me like your getting enough. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 02/14/12  9:35pm
" Wow that seems like a good amt. and variety. I have trouble eating too, just not that hungry. Today I had an egg, refried beans both fit in a two ounce cup, some of my protein shake, and some cream of chicken soup 2 oz. Water, and crystal light (sips). And I'm on my fourth week post surgery. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 03/01/12  5:01am
" Sounds like you are eating enough for me. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web