How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Is an antacid like Previcid really needed?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have been told by several people that have had GB surgerty that they were put on Previcid for a year. I have also been told it avoids ulcers. Has anyone else heard that?
Posted on 06/23/11, 01:17 pm
4 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Gastric Bypass Surgery. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/23/11  1:31pm
" I had GB 7 weeks ago and was out on Previcid "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 06/23/11  2:01pm
" I have been taking prevacid for over 2 years. For some reason i thought u came off antacids after surgery? Is it worse After? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 06/23/11  2:10pm
" it all depends on the person individually. I was in no need for previcid because i have no history of acid reflux or any problems i would need previcid for. my two aunts that had the surgery are on previcid and my bestfriend who will be getting the surgery will be on previcid as well. she has HORRIBLE acid reflux and heart burn so shes already on it pre-op.

I have had no problems and at all my check ups they still check me to make sure i dont need it and im all set so far!

GOOD LUCK! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 06/23/11  3:19pm
" I am on Prevacid and also had no heart burn problems before surgery. I find if I don't take it I get awful chest pains. I have tried on 2 occasions to stop and see what happens and always chest pain, but not heart burn. It feels like I am having a heart attack. As soon as I start taking it again it goes away. I have a 6 month supple and am 3 months out. I really hope I can go off them after the 6 months. "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web