sex after surgery
I was wondering if you can have sex after you had surgery and if not how long do you have to wait?My husband was scared to ask the doctor and i just couldnt ask.
Posted on 10/11/10, 09:19 am
Reminder: This is a support group for Gastric Bypass Surgery. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 10/11/10  9:28am
" You can have sex as soon as you feel physical well, comfortable to do so. My dh(darling husband) is not one to wait.LOL. Even when we had our boys. After our first son. We only waited 4 days. Even with stitches. I am sure you are gasping at this point but it was awesome. Sex after the surgery is awsome so many more options. Have fun getting to know eachother again. For him he will think he is cheating cause you will feel like a new women this could be good and bad. My husband has a hard time with change(no pun intended lol). However liked the new postitions and what not. What ever you do have fun.... "
Reply #2 - 10/11/10  9:28am
" I advise having as much as you both are up for. You might have to make a few adjustments b/c of your sore belly, but totally worth it. "
Reply #3 - 10/11/10  9:33am
" my nurse said "if you feel like it, do it" "
Reply #4 - 10/20/10  3:43pm
" My nurse at Life Skills Class told us 4 weeks to be sure you are healed enough... She said if you "strain" OR are "very active" it could cause a hernia. She said if you just can't wait then make sure to take it easy... It is just a recommendation. Hubby and I are going to wait 4 weeks...I am 1st shift and he is 3rd shift... so for us ... we are 2 passing ships anyway.... just don't want to possibly get a hernia, healing from surgery would be enough.

Kim "
Reply #5 - 10/20/10  5:58pm
" Tracei:

I was advised that as soon as I felt comfortable. I was given the ok to start working out last week at 2 weeks and he said other activities as "tolerated". lol

Im waiting awhile (a couple more weeks until I can get back on BC) cause we are not fixed and I do not need to get pregnant right now.

Josie "