Gambling Addiction & Recovery Support Group
Compulsive gambling is an urge or addiction to gamble despite harmful negative consequences or a desire to stop. A preferred term among many professionals is problem gambling, as few people described by the term experience true compulsions in the clinical sense of the word. Problem gambling often is defined by whether harm is experienced by the gambler or others rather...
Perhaps I was so much in the fog back then, I thought the higher the score the better.....kinda like SAT's?!?
But in reality....I knew! More was not better...literally! Now I look at these questions and view them from the perspective of golf. Below par is the best place to be, and playing scratch golf (no handicap) is ideal!
And might I say, so much more enjoyable!
Stroking my way, one day at a time, with strong determination, towards 1,095 GF days...
Be well, stay strong and thank you Jayd for the walk down memory lane,
Tagg
For me, I know that I have a much deeper appreciation for each of these questions now than I did on my 1st meeting. A lot of time is spent here on DS talking about triggers and urges- a lot of wisdom could be gained by taking a cold hard look at these questions and relating them to our own experiences. In other words, a big key to minimizing urges and/or putting distance between yourself and triggers is identifying them and putting practices into place to make sure that you at least recognize them before making that next bet.
For what it's worth, I think I had 14 too the first go round, now I'm pretty sure it's 19 or 20, depending upon definitions.
Jay