Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Probiotics and PPI's?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anybody take probiotics in addition to PPI's? I'm currently on Nexium 30mg, but I'm considering taking a probiotic as well.
Posted on 05/14/10, 05:58 pm
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for GERD & Heartburn. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/10/10  12:57pm
" I eat yogurt evereyday, Go for it, probably help you "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 06/10/10  4:02pm
" Yes, I eat yogurt every day, and I also take a probiotic capsule. It is supposed to help our immune systems, and since I also have COPD, I need all the immunity I can get. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 06/21/10  6:58pm
" It is a very good idea to take a probiotic, but beware--the acid in our systems, that we are suppressing with PPI's, serve to limit the growth of bacteria in our guts. When they get out of control we start to have increased gas and bloating. Usually this get treated at intervals with antibiotics. Then we need to take acidophilus to re-establish a healthy balance again. I don't like taking pharma AB's so I take garlic or ginger capsules daily to control bacteria overgrowth. My doctor doesn't believe in this, but believe me ginger with sushi isn't just for cleansing the palette. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web