Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
something stuck in my throat.
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi, I'm new here. I was diagnosed about 8 years ago, when I was first diagnosed, I had the feel that I had something stuck in my throat. I was on Nexium until about a year and a half ago, now because of insurance I take protonix. I've had the throat thing once in a while when I eat bad or forget my med. Recently I found out that I have a pulmonary embolism, and about the time I started feeling symptoms of that I started feeling the throat thing again, I have felt that feeling pretty consistantly since (about 4 weeks) has anyone else experienced this feeling for so long? My Protonix is the sam and so is my diet.
Posted on 04/22/09, 10:04 pm
10 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for GERD & Heartburn. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/23/09  4:24am
" Hello, I have the throat lump as well..had this for awhile maybe 2 months now ..sometimes burning in my throat as well..I have gerd, a med herina, and erosions..He now has me on carafate as well as nextium..Im praying this will help..I hate the feeling of something stuck in my throat..Please try not to skip medicine when you do its like starting all over again..Hope you feel better soon.. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/23/09  7:19am
" I have something like that,So i went to ENT doctor,he told me i have post nasal drip...strange...Nick... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/23/09  10:33am
" I CAN'T SAY I FEEL LIKE I HAVE SOMETHING IN
MY THROAT,BUT A FEELING SIMILAR.

WHEN THE GERD ACT'S UP I GET A FEELING OF
PRESSURE UP TO MY THROAT.
I HAVEN'T HAD GERD ALL THAT LONG.ABOUT 18 MON'S "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/23/09  1:04pm
" Abby, if the acid gets up into your larynx, it can definitely cause that stuck in the throat feeling. I get this too, and it can be very painful, or just annoying. Besides the diet and the meds, make sure you are raising the head of your bed. That will help a lot. Good luck and welcome! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/23/09  4:50pm
" I have the same feeling in my throat. I did some research and I do believe that feeling is called Globus Sensation. www.merk.com has some really good info about it. When I was first diagnosed with GERD over 10 years ago, my ENT at the time also told me it was post nasal drip (that along with having chronic larynagitis)I gave up on it all and stopped taking my meds. Right now I'm now on Zegerid. I hope we all feel better! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/23/09  8:24pm
" I FELT FOR MONTHS THAT I HAD A BIG LUMP OF BREAD STUCK IN MY THROAT, IT WAS TERRIBLE AND IT'S USUALLY WHEN I DON'T EAT THE RIGHT DIET. BUT PLEASE GET IT CHECKED OUT ANYWAY. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/23/09  8:42pm
" Well today I started to follow my GERD diet and it's alittle better. Maybe with more time on a stricter diet it will improve. I guess I'll start with my gastro D., and if that turns up nothing I will see my allergist hopefully someone can help me because it's quite annoying!! I have finally started to feel better after my pulmonary embolism, and now I have another thing to worry about, thanks for the advice "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/24/09  9:24am
" I too have this problem. it's a reminder that I need to slow down and not eat so fast, take smaller bites, or eat foods that are easier to swallow such as soups.
It's like I will keep taking sips of water to "wash down" whatever is there, but there is'nt anything, I guess.
I take Nexium and now that my system is adjusting to it, I can add a few more things to my diet, but i'm still very careful of what I eat.
Of course me having MS, it's hard to know if this is part of my MS or just GERD. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 04/28/09  7:10am
" As part of the endoscopy procedure, my doctor's mildly stretched my throat. I've had that done twice, and I probably am due again to have it done.

Afterward, I felt like I had a mild sore throat for a day or two, but it was well worth the release of that feeling.

Funny, as I'm typing this, I can feel my throat constricting. So just thinking about swallowing too much can bring that sensation on for me.

I had this so badly in my 20's that I pretty much stopped eating. Wnen my hair started falling out, I quickly figured out that drinking milk helped keep me nourished, and stopped the hair loss.

I'm quite a bit overweight now, so guess I recovered from the not eating thing, lol. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 05/03/09  11:57am
" If food gets stuck in your throat or chest consistently, especially if you feel like you are going to die, see your GI and have them do a scope. Don't let them dismiss it. You could have esonphilic esophagitis, I have it. Be sure you aren't allergic to the food either as it can make your throat start to close.

Dry food is the worst for esonphilic esophagitis, but foods and spices you are allergic to make the condition worse. I have to cut some of my meds up to take them. I have gone into full detail on the EE replying to someone else about it. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web