Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Laryngopharyngeal Reflux
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was diagnose with Laryngopharyngeal Reflux about 2 weeks ago.It started 8 weeks ago with a dry cough.Then after 2 weeks, I was waking at night not breathing and choking. After a couple of doctors, I was diagnosed with Laryngopharyngeal Reflux .The doctor started me on omeprazole, 40mg twice a day.This didn't do nothing for me.The acid is now reaching now nose.I haven't slept the last 2 nights.I wake up not breathing or I am choking on mucus or acid.He switch me to Prevacid starting tomorrow, 40mg twice a day. Today I hardly ate anything, but I have acid reflux all day.This whole time, I have had never stomach problems or pain.I keep having to clear my throat all day and I lose my voice at least 20 times a day for about a minute.When I try to talk nothing comes out.Is there any other treatment I can be doing to help?Should I be going to a different doctor?
Thanks
Doug
Posted on 03/16/13, 07:45 pm
1 Reply Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for GERD & Heartburn. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/02/13  6:12am
" Do you have your bed raised by 6 inches so you are kind of sleeping in an upright position? You don't want to be laying down completely flat. Also, contrary to popular belief, it's better to sleep on your side then on your back. And being on a very strict eating regime, is very important. Are you doing that too? If not, let me know and I can help you with that. hugs GB "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web