Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
IBS and heartburn
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I'm 19 and I have acid reflux and IBS. Everytime I get stressed my acid reflux starts up and so does my IBS. Iv recently found the reason why I have nausea and why I used to have constant nausea was because of acid when I was younger. I can't seem to eat when my heartburn starts. As soon as my heartburn starts, my IBs will aswel, so I'l feel boated, i'l have nausea, horrible taste in my mouth, headache, dizziness, severe stomach cramps, and burning feeling all the way up from my stomach to my throat. My heartburn and IBS lasts for about three days after it starts then it goes away with the exception of IBS. I take various medications that contain calcium carbonate in them but they only last for an hour. Iv tried milk before bed, I'v tried cutting out acidic food in my diet and my medication which reduces the amount of acid my stomach makes. I'm scared of the damage acid reflux is doing to my body so early on in my life, but the doctors will just put me on another medicine if i go to them. Anybody else suffer with both conditions? :/
Posted on 04/27/12, 11:41 pm
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for GERD & Heartburn. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/29/12  10:12pm
" Yes I do but have u been to a gastrologist so they can do an endoscopy and see whats going on? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/07/12  3:19am
" I have IBS & heartburn. Usually my symptoms are bloating, abdominal pain (but achy, not cramps), sometimes heartburn symptoms...

I had read "Heather Van Vorous" website and found her chart on insoluble & soluble fibers to be very helpful. So I now have an a.m. ritual of starting my day with oatmeal (with ground flax) and fish oil, and my stomach is a very happy camper. (I'm still trying to figure out the pm meal planning). Applesauce is another food I can eat without problem (again, soluble fiber -- which according to Heather's website, solubles should be the 1st thing to eat on an empty stomach -- I'm inclined to agree...)

Sometimes Fennel Tea can help ease stomach problems for me. I have to be very careful with ginger tea and peppermint tea. I am starting to experiment with Slippery Elm Tea, as I've read a lot of good things about it for the stomach.

But it is a really smart idea to get a diagnosis first, from a GI Dr, if you haven't already. I've already had ultrasound, colonoscopy, endoscopy...

Good Luck! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web