Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
New here- need help please
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi everyone. For the past 1.5 years I have been told I have a stomach inflmmation according to the barium swallow xray.

Yesterday I finally did an endoscopy. The doctor said there is no damage or inflmmation in the stomach but he thinks its acid reflux. In other words GERD didnt show on the endoscopy either. he took tissues for biopsy just to make sure

My question is, is this possible. My symptoms are mostly heartburn and belching. Does anyone experience this, and is it possible to have acid reflux and the endoscopy will show nothing. By the way I have been on PPI since 1.5 years. I was recently told to take nexium 40 mg before breakfast

Answers will be really appreciated because I am so lost and dont know whats wrong with me.

Thanks guys.
Posted on 02/17/12, 09:23 pm
9 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for GERD & Heartburn. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/18/12  8:38am
" Do you have a hiatal hernia? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/18/12  5:18pm
" the endoscopy didnt show it "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/19/12  8:36am
" have you done a stomach emptying test? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/19/12  6:24pm
" Check for Helicobacter Pylori bacteria infestation in the stomach lining. HP dwelling and burrows into the linings of the stomach, puncturing holes causing all the damages resulting in leaky guts, bloating, acid reflux, eventully ccausing ulcers and worse case if left untreated leads to cancers of the stomach, bowel and anus..etc.

These little nasties can be easily dectected through simple urease breathe test. If the test comes back positive, your doctors will treat you with multiple antiboitics. Caution: test needs to be repeated every 6 months to make sure these nasties HP are gone.
Note: half of the world's population hv these bacteria but most remain harmless until something flares them up like a vengences. So , it is a very common disease, easily treated.

Here are some simple home remedies to treat HP:
Pineut oil
Manuka honey
peppermint oil
papaya leaf extract

My very own favourite is the papaya ( paw paw) leaf extract. Cost is zero.Natural straight from my garden. Take one leaf, juice it and drink it. Very bitter, can be sweeten with honey or other fruit jucies. Take it daily for 2 weeks first thing in the morning. Repeat in couple of months if symptons persist.
Note: papaya leaf juice is a natural de wormer. It not only kills worms in the guts, it also disgest them into moosh.

After treatment, needs to give time for stomach linings to be healed...HP can cause alot of damage to the linings.

Hope this helps. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/19/12  11:24pm
" thanks maxirose. I will wait for my biopsies because bacteria shows there if I have it. It will come back in 2 weeks and then we will see what we will do. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/22/12  7:23pm
" I've had acid reflux for almost ten years and counting. I've had an endoscopy and a biopsy on my esophagus done as well. Heartburn and belching can most definitely be a symptom of acid reflux or GERD, undoubtedly. I constantly have problems with heartburn and belching. It's harder to detect acid reflux with an endoscopy than it is to detect something more visible, like swelling or ulcers. Yes, they can check for acid damage on your esophagus resulting from acid reflux, but just because you have no acid damage does not mean you still don't get acid reflux. Acid reflux is one of those diseases that can mainly be diagnosed only by symptoms because if you have no damage on your esophagus.. well then, there is really no evidence to prove that you have it. Nexium is one of many treatments for acid reflux (and trust me, I've tried many treatments). If it doesn't work right away, give it more time. If not, talk to your gastroenterologist about other possible acid reflux medications (such as Zantac, Zegrid, Pepcid, etc.). If none of those work, odds are, it may not be acid reflux. In the meantime, stick to your Nexium- acid reflux medications do tend to take a while to work. Tums and milk during flare ups are fantastic and bed lifts are great too. Adjusting your diet to mild food and even portions will help you out, also. If treating reflux doesn't work, then it may mean back to the drawing board, but I hope you find some answers soon. I hope I could help in some way! Keep hanging in. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 03/08/12  10:20pm
" thanks tumsandtu-
sorry for the late reply but ive been busy with my university midterms i havent been here in a while.

Thanks for your advice and I have an appointment on tuesday to see the biopsy results. we will see what the doctor will say "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/06/12  7:52pm
" YES, IT'S POSSIBLE THAT NOTHING SHOWED UP. MOST PEOPLE FIRST GET ACID REFLUX, WHICH TURNS INTO GERD, AND THEN CAN GO AS FAR AS BARRETT'S DISEASE, WHICH IS PR-CANCEROUS. I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT MANY OF US END UP HAVING A HERNIA AS WELL. ONE OTHER THING THEY FOUND WITH ME WAS H PYLORI. A LOT OF ANTIBIOTICS WERE SUPPOSE TO TAKE CARE OF THAT. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 04/23/12  10:21pm
" Midterms can also add to your problem. I'm not suggesting you drop out of school, but this can be a stressful time, so eat carefully, stay on your meds. The original treatment for H-Pylori when it was first discovered in Australia was antibiotics and bismuth salts. Pepto Bismol is the simplest way to get bismuth salts. I diagnosed myself for H-Pylori before the general medical profession acknowledged it. In those days you had to have a biopsy, so I just put myself on Pepto Bismol 4 times a day for two weeks and 2 times a day for two more weeks. My wife said she could see the difference in my demeanor in 3 days. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web