Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
bra's
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does it hurt anyone else to wear a bra with hiatal hernia and gerd? it kills me :(
Posted on 11/10/10, 03:13 pm
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for GERD & Heartburn. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/11/10  7:59am
" Interesting. It doesn't hurt me. But I guess it could. A bra would put pressure on the right spot wouldn't it? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/11/10  9:01am
" Yes. The first thing I do when I return home is undo my bra. I'm going to have myself measured for new ones. Maybe I just need a larger size, but I definately feel less pressure when I don't have a bra on. I also avoid tight pants. Actually, I am most comfortable in my pj's. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/11/10  11:33am
" No underwire. It will affect your HH. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/11/10  8:08pm
" I HATE WEARING A BRA too! I am that age though...lol I have gerd and a "big honkin' hiatal hernia' so says the radiologist. ;p

I did buy new bras that are the right size and they hurt worse than my old sprung ones. I don't know what to tell ya...

Definitely wear loose clothing, if your pants are tight and binding, when you sit everything gets squished upward and that is not a good thing.

I was experiencing a problem with acid so I drank a liter of water and jumped off a step hoping all that water in my belly would pull down the herniated part...it helped for a while! There is such a thing as water poisoning so be careful! Drink it all at once. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 11/12/10  9:42am
" i got my self some sport bras, not very flattering tho lol, yea i live in pjs and joggers, cant wait to have my op. glad im not the only one, it sucks. feel sorry for us all xxx "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 11/13/10  10:23pm
" Nope not for me. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/15/10  9:48pm
" This is something new to me too. I haven't experienced any problems either. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web