Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Sucralfate use
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi I was wondering if anyone on this forum has used Sucralfate. Some people say its good. I have a bottle of it from my doctor as I have GERD and gastritis. Its suposed to be good for coating the stomach and I think it helps with reflux. However Im a bit scared to try it. I had a reaction to the tablet version which made me breathless and I was sick. I have tried the liquid one a while back for a stomach ulcer. I was ok then. Has anyone had any problems with it if you have used it? Thanks
Posted on 02/04/12, 08:43 pm
5 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for GERD & Heartburn. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/09/12  12:49pm
" The first gastro I went to many years ago gave it to me to take before meals. A few years later I went to another gastro and she never prescribed it. I know it can constipate you but apparently it must work somehow, Its just chalk tablets that coats your esophagus and stomach gives it times to heal. I still have some left from many years ago I am tempted to try them again since I have burning pain somedays and acid is out of control due to having a hiatal hernia now. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/09/12  8:40pm
" Hi Magicpill my gastritis has been really hurting me today. I had reflux last night so I took sucralfate liquid today. Someone said it can last up to 6 hours,I don,t know. You could try it again but I would get some fresh ones incase the old ones have gone off. Best wishes "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/09/12  8:41pm
" PS we are talking about it on the gastritis forum. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/12/12  9:48am
" Thank, mine came in pill form. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/13/12  3:08am
" I have been taking prilosec for gastritis and gerd it works pretty well!! you can find it over the counter at any drugstore.. Maybe try that instead?? "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web