How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
How long for gerd to disappear if one stays calm?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi,
A bad phase of work stress triggered my gerd about a year back. I have fought it for many months now.Have Gone off spicy food.I Eat small meals regularly etc.
The initial stress is gone now. THe gerd improves when I have a no deadlines at work. However, a slightest amount of pressure (things that I cud have handled very well earleir) will trigger teh same.

I get frustrated, since I would be hoping it is all going away.

How long would you think it will take for things to get alright if I almost eliminate all stresses?
Posted on 01/10/12, 08:38 am
3 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for GERD & Heartburn. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/10/12  4:48pm
" No one can eliminate ALL stresses from their life, and even if you could, do you want to alter your life for your illness? I didn't. I came to realize that the more I stressed about GERD itself, the worse I felt, so I altered my sickness to fit my life. I worked at it and found things that would reduce my symptoms, foods, activities, thoughts, anything, and held on to those, and then told myself that instead of getting worse, it was a small setback and I was only getting better. After a week of doing this I'm feeling almost 100%.

It's all mind over matter, if your mind can make you sick, then it stands to logic that it can make you well too. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/11/12  6:25pm
" Very well said Josh :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/04/12  8:56pm
" Hi I supose once you have GERD you will always have it. All we can do is keep taking antacids and natural remedies. Its hard keeping off certain foods and not having a coffee or whatever. I keep hoping my stomach will get better but my doctor says it may never get better. Do you get pain with it? Have you tried homeopathy or Aloe vera? Im looking for answers too. My stomach can be ok one day and hurting the next. I do have gastritis too but I get reflux now and again. I hate it. "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web