Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Good Non-Medication Quick Fixes?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
My reflux acts up at random all through the day, with no real rhyme or reason. Does anyone have any good take with you quick fixes for when it strikes?
Posted on 12/29/11, 10:31 am
2 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for GERD & Heartburn. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/29/11  2:34pm
" I hope you are taking adequate medications, such as PPIs or something like that, and that you just need a little something that can help when all of your best efforts aren't enough. Try eating an apple! I don't remember where I learned this, whether it was from a website, or a doctor, or where, but it can really save the day. I also try to remember to take a small supply of apples along when we go on trips. I try really hard to be conscientious when I'm ordering off menus, but sometime whatever they cook in restaurants just doesn't agree with me. Having an apple in my hotel room will help me so much in that kind of situation. I like to buy the smaller apples that come in the 3# bags at the store. The large apples are just too big for me. Any variety will work. You might give it a try, to see if it helps you. Good luck! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/29/11  7:49pm
" Hi I eat apples too but even if its not coming up I still have a lot of pain. I had a ph monitoring test. Ive been away for a week and had reflux. When I got back I had a letter from my gastro saying that I haven't got excess reflux and won't be getting an op. I know I get pain from the gastritis. I have a hiatus hernia and even had reflux during the test. I don't know why it didn't show up. Im fed up of this. Sometimes Im rushing to the toilet with my reflux. Has anyone else been turned down for an operation? I don't know what will happen now. I will need to take a natural remedy like Slippery elm. Nothing seems to work. I know we shouldn't have citrus fruits or coffee or alcohol. "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web