How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Has anyone got GERD symptoms under control?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Im so tired and am not getting much sleep. I have awful pain,bloating and a feeling like something is stuck in my oesophaghus. It hurts so bad on flare ups. I have a hiatus hernia and sometimes get acid refluxing up. The worse is the pain and I can't swallow properly when I get this. Ive already cut out chocolate,coffee,tomatoes and don't drink or smoke. It has definately been getting worse with more pain. Im fed up. Ive got gastritis too and can be in agony. Has anyone got this under control? How did you cope? My meds don't work and Aloe vera didn't work either. I need some way of getting this under control. Thanks for any advice.
Posted on 12/15/11, 07:57 pm
3 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for GERD & Heartburn. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/13/12  3:34am
" I take dexilant in the morning 60mg, and ranitidine in the evening 150mg. I had tried Prilosec, protonix and one other before I my doctor suggested this one.
Also, try sleeping in a recliner or tilt the bed up in some way.
I do not have the stuck in your throat feeling..
I think you may need to go to a gastoenterologist

Hoping you find help "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/13/12  10:40am
" I quit meds as they are counter productive as you actually need acid to process food and retain vitamins and minerals. Your body isn't producing enough thus the stomach muscle opens at improper times. I take a good probiotic, digestive enzymes with each meal, bragg apple cider vinegar, and watch my foods. I would check in with a chiropractor or natural path. They have helped me so much. Best to you! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/15/12  12:38pm
" If what feels stuck, feels like heartburn, I found that watermelon makes me burp really well. Also, sounds strange, but eating an apple also helps get rid of heartburn. Worth a try. HOpe you feel better soon. "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web