Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Sunday June 26, 2016

Educational Stories

• COMPLEX PTSD

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 | An Educational story

Flashbask Management in Treatment of Complex PTSD The East Bay Therapist, Sept/Oct 2005
    A significant percentage of adults who suffered ongoing abuse or neglect in childhood suffer from Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. One of the most difficult features of this type of PTSD is extreme susceptibility to painful emotional flashbacks. Emotional flashbacks are sudden and often prolonged regre...

1 Recommendation

1 Comment

• Advertisement
  • PTSD Psych Stuff Jung

Friday, May 13, 2011 | An Educational story

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside dreams. Who looks inside awakens."

1 Recommendation

• PTSD Psych Stuff Jung

Friday, May 13, 2011 | An Educational story

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside dreams. Who looks inside awakens."
    Metaphorically Freud explained the conscious and subsconcious mind in a sense as different parts of the same ice berg. The tip of the iceberg was the conscious mind, the smallest part that could be seen and understood easily. While the remaining part of the iceberg was subme...

1 Recommendation

1 Comment

• Book on Adoptee's feelings?

Thursday, June 2, 2011 | An Educational story

if anyone is interested there is a book called Primal Wound that explains ALOT about the feelings of someone who has been adopted and for parents who have adopted or are thinking of adoption. i read it and it explained alot bout why i feel the emotions i feel. i highly suggest it!!!
    Posted on 05/09/11, 10:25 pm

1 Recommendation

1 Comment

• TED News worth sharing? Pain Video

Thursday, June 2, 2011 | An Educational story

I found this today and wanted to share it with you all.  Fond it on the A.P.F. (American Pain Foundation) Web site. I believe this may be more about the kind of C.P. which you cannot find a reason for.  ?? untraceable pain.
    Where as a lot of us have obvious reason for the pain.  I wonder in their search for medications that will not be just symptom managing medications they will fi...

1 Recommendation

• Learn Chemical / P.T.S.D.

Monday, August 13, 2012 | An Educational story

I begin this with a Post Reply, but I will be adding anything I find in my search for answers & education about this particular piece of the P.T.S.D. experience. Thanks to anyone who has anything to add to it!!
    Get to know all the chemical changes in your brain with PTSD and with a PTSD flare up. Most enlightening. See, we are not a bunch of symptoms, there is neural causality. We're not jus...

1 Recommendation

1 Comment

• HEP C Info Links For Brother JD

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 | An Educational story

http://hepatitiscnewdrugresearch.co... 

1 Recommendation

1 Comment

• CP INFO!!

Thursday, June 6, 2013 | An Educational story

Jenna77
    View More PostsIgnore It has come to my attention over the past few weeks that a group of people, or should I say “clique”, feels this is not a support group because there is no talk about actual conditions of chronic pain, there is too many OT topics, and we are too much like a family and too religious. They have stated that there needs to be more talk about pain issues ...

1 Recommendation

• Go HAWKS!

Sunday, February 2, 2014 | An Educational story

yay

1 Recommendation

1 Comment

• What a dream I had

Monday, July 6, 2015 | An Educational story

As soon as I got to Louisville and settled at the Hyatt, we went to dinner some place -- Pot Bellies I think -- and came back and crashed for the night.
    I awoke in the morn from the CRAZIEST dream.
    I had 4 or 5 tiny eggs. I was incubating them in straw. The eggs themselves grew and out of the first one came what is to be expected -- a baby chick.
    The next one hatched a small toy poodle puppy.
    The...

1 Recommendation

6 Comments