sample menu plan
could somebody please give me an example of what a food plan would look like where abstinence is concerned. I have the book of overeaters anonymous but it just states 3 meals a day but no real suggestions.

thanks

june
Posted on 12/27/09, 11:24 am
Reminder: This is a support group for Food Addiction. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 01/03/10  1:07am
" Hi june,

I'm the last one to be giving advice but here it goes anyway...

I have two suggestions, one i've tried, one i haven't.

The first is to check out the eating plan on the Food Addicts Anonymous website. it's really clearly laid out with eating times and portion sizes etc. www.foodaddictsanonymous.org/foodpl...

I haven't tried this but it sounds like good advice.

The second, this is the one that I've tried. it takes a little longer to see solid results but It really really helped me. I naturally gravitated towards eating healthier and way less binging until it went away... as long as i stuck with the plan..
This second plan is from a website called www.radiantrecovery.com it was developed by Dr. Kathleen DesMaisons. She found that sugar addiction/food addiction has the same physiological effect on our brains as alcoholism and developped this eating plan to help change the brain chemistry so that we would have a fighting chance to get the cravings under control, reduce depression, increase seritonin etc. This one was very helpful because you don't get blamed for binging. you don't remove the crutch/triggers/good feelings of the bing until you have enough supports and alternatives in place to handle it without them so you're never left high and dry. But as I said it takes a while. The steps are simple but to actually do them can be really hard and take a while.

Anyway, hope this helps.
Stella "
Reply #2 - 06/18/10  11:09am
" hi!
i am struggling with the same question! i am living in sweden now, where Food Sanity seems far more Prevalent! I can teel you what folks appear to eat here.

breakfast is THE SAME EVERYWHERE here, very strange!:
oatmeal with raisins and milk OR museli with yoghurt(if yr not familiar, thats like granola with no sugar)
ryevita crackers with jam or caviar spread and butter
some days a hardboiled egg(never fried, apparently)
orange juice
coffee

lunch is:
a sandwich or cold salad, just as we have in the us! shrimp salad,ham and cheese,lox and cream cheese, salami, and other familiar things are all popular.
coffee, tea, or juice
and sometimes
a sweet

dinner is:
meat or fish or tofu or lentils
potatoes, rice, or pasta
vegetables
and sometimes
a small desert(if you didnĀ“t already have one at lunch)

folks drink alot beer which i definitely do NOT, but i like to go out once every week or two.

I kept it entirely together doing this for about a year. I fell off the wagon in the united states, and trying to get better again now in sweden. its extreemely sensible, i think.

i suppose in a nutshell this is what OA calls 301- 3 meals a day, nothing(0) in between, 1 day at a time.

hope that helps! "
Reply #3 - 07/24/10  3:18pm
" do you have trigger foods, alergies or intolerances? CAn you handle high glyceamic foods ok? or notice straight away if you eat them, more compulsion is triggered? "
Reply #4 - 07/26/10  6:01am
" GI , Glyceamic Index diet combined with walking 10000 steps per day 7 days a week baby!. I have been on a gamit of diets, from Cabbage Soup Diet, Detox Diet, Weight Watchers, (no cheese or bread). At the moment , at my heaviest. neva mind. i live to fight another day. Mx "
Reply #5 - 07/27/10  2:20pm
" I love both of these suggestons "
Reply #6 - 07/27/10  4:27pm
" Hi June...FAA is guaranteed to rid you of food addiction for life... it's metabolically geared to overcome cravings etc. Go to their site and check it out as they hav e complete meal plans etc etc.
blessings.. dr fran xoxo "
Reply #7 - 07/29/10  5:44am
" dr fran do u have a link to what you were refering to? I typed in Food addicts but nothing about plans on there i was just curious "
Reply #8 - 07/29/10  2:47pm
" google: foodaddictsanonymous "
Reply #9 - 07/29/10  6:25pm
" Mipoppy - Stella linked to the Food Addicts Anonymous plan in her message... the link to the plan is this:

http://www.foodaddictsanonymous.org... "
Reply #10 - 07/30/10  10:24pm
" Just an added thought here: the food plan alone isn't enough...combined with the 12 step recovery program is what makes it work!
blessings...xoxo "