Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Saturday October 25, 2014

Educational Stories

• Response to question in APA style

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 | An Educational story

It is interesting to find someone who understands Army Basic Training, was really basic training for life.
    Like you, I remember the first lesson of Basic Training was to stay organized and be prepared. Time was easier to manage when you knew what you were looking for was where it belonged. It seemed less time was wasted looking fo...

1 Recommendation

4 Comments

• Advertisement
  • Required reading

Sunday, October 7, 2012 | An Educational story

My H typed this up for someone and he did it so nicely I decided to save it here so I can copy/paste, when i recommend these books, as I so frequently do.  I labeled it required reading because that is what I believe it to be.
    How To Help Your Spouse Heal From Your Affair: A Compact Manual For The Unfaithful by Linda MacDonald 
    (A must read for the CS) 
    Not Just Friends by Shirley ...

1 Recommendation

1 Comment

• Filing for VA benefits

Sunday, September 29, 2013 | An Educational story

Well bravo for the federal government. 
    First, you have to have the information for the veteran - SSN, military id numbers, discharge forms with dates of service, etc., date of birth, and discharge paperwork (which you have to apply to the government for, and wait 60 - 90 days for). Also, the death certificate, for deceased veterans.
    Second, you have to have the form from the VA to apply for...

1 Recommendation

• Articles for ending the affair

Saturday, October 26, 2013 | An Educational story

I spent some time digging up some articles for a new arrival on Cheaters Annonymous who is deeply enmeshed in an affair and trying to get out.  I tell you getting out is very very hard.  I couldn't do it and ultimately had to get caught.  People come on CA all the time who are trying to get out of an affair and they are scared and confused at best.  I have never had all that m...

1 Recommendation

1 Comment

• Swelling in my foot...

Monday, December 2, 2013 | An Educational story

The joint for the big toe on my left foot has been swollen for decades. The swelling got so bad about 5 years ago that I went to the doctor to find out if there was something that I could do about it. I was having a hard time walking and couldn't wear most of my shoes.
    She took a blood test, thinking it was arthritis, and it came back negative. She made me make another appointment for another opi...

1 Recommendation

• Expenses questions for aid requests

Thursday, December 5, 2013 | An Educational story

When I first had to apply for assistance, which was after the girl came to live with me, I had my first taste of what people have to go through when they are on public assistance. They dig into your finances, to a certain extent, examining your income in minute detail, but doing a fly-by on your expenses, excluding many of them as not valid, for their purposes, and discounting them.
    They take you...

1 Recommendation

• Klonopin taper and thoracic spasms

Monday, December 9, 2013 | An Educational story

With klonopin for some reason my body does better tapering fast than slow. I've tried everything the past 3 years and it's led me to the best I've felt in 3 years of taking the K and w/ding slowly. Starting out at 2mgs K, I'm putting 1mg in 70mLs of water each night and pulling out 2mLs a night. That's 35 days per each mg. I have 17 days left pulling from this mg before I start on the last mg. A ...

1 Recommendation

1 Comment

• Self Belief

Thursday, January 30, 2014

The last few months have taught me alot about self belief and confidence. I grew up having no belief in myself, i thought i was ugly and i thought i wasn't capable of anything. I always used to wander why i couldnt get into relationships or why others seemed better than me. struggling with my personal sexuality was difficult too. i didn't know who I was for so so long. but upon reflection, thats ...

2 Recommendations

1 Comment

• Go HAWKS!

Sunday, February 2, 2014 | An Educational story

yay

1 Recommendation

1 Comment

• Having to grow up

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 | An Educational story

"When I was a Child, I acted like a Child, I thought like a Child, I reasoned like a Child! When I became a Man I gave up all childish things!"
    (1Corinthians 13:11)
    I believe the society we live in is encouraging young Boys and Girls not to grow up. Our youth is constantly bombarded with all the trash of the day on TV and then still expected to stay in School and remain celibate until 18. No wond...

1 Recommendation