Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
In Category: Fun & Games
Discussion:
Fogged up contest
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
When I was growing up my mother and her friends had a klutz of the month award, let me tell you some of the things I remember still turn my face red!

What I have suggest is we write about something we did or have done that we can blame on fibro fog.

Example: Sunday I made my traditional baked ham and Mac&cheese, which we had also Monday. All I could think about was the split pea soup I was going to make with the bone and rest of the ham.So today I went out to and bought the things needed and when I got home I realized I had froze the ham/bone. No real big deal and sure glad I found it and was still able to make the soup, but all week I having been dreaming of this soup and for the life of me I do not remember putting it into the freezer....

This could be fun or maybe not? I am all fogged up!
Posted on 11/03/10, 03:56 pm
119 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/03/10  10:55pm
" I have done a few doozies!

One time, I went to go check my mail at the post office, was flipping through my mail on the way back to my van and got in the WRONG van...yep, equipped with a terrified lady passenger! I had usually parked there but since it was occupied, I parked on the other side of the building.

Fell into a 1 ft mud/water puddle with a whole bunch of teenagers staring at me.

Wore 2 different coloured shoes to my choir practice. One was brown, the other black. In my defense, my coat closet was dark and the shoes were the exact same style! ROFL

Went to Office Depot, gave the girl my credit card and 10 seconds later started digging in my purse. She was looking at my weird, so I explained, with a puzzling look that I could not find my DEBIT card anywhere. She replied with an even more puzzled look...."um, this one?" :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/03/10  11:50pm
" Well my good ones:
I was looking at a chair and was going to sit down and the look on my face got a response of what are you doing? I said well I was going to sit on that door ; / P
Or the classic hey honey I am going to go get in that thing out there you know the thing with the doors and the wheels that we go places in.
Yup the Fog hits alot. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/03/10  11:51pm
" Oh yeah the other day I found the milk in the cupboard guess who put it there. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/04/10  10:01am
" I spent 5 minutes looking through Wal Mart parking lot yesterday, pushing a cart of groceries, for my car that was NOT parked where I remembered parking it...

I did find it just short of reporting it stolen...(ok that last part is a slight exageration, but the rest is true!) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 11/04/10  3:01pm
" glad you found your car... I have special places where I park in different parking lots just for that reason maybe a flower or tennis ball on the antena wait they got rit of those just to screw with people like us! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 11/04/10  6:55pm
" I usually park the same place and this time i didn't for some reason, and couldn't even remember what door i went in, lol. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/05/10  2:07am
" when i park in a big parking lot, i take a picture of the section number or park next to what i call a "landmark" and then take a picture. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 11/05/10  7:11am
" A couple years ago, when I was married, my husband wanted me to cook supper for some of his friends. I wasn't feeling well, so I chose something easy... Jambalya Casserole. I have cooked this a million times in 22 years. It's a quick & easy casserole, and very good.

The recipe is...
1# ground meat
1# smoked sausage
1 cup rice
1 can french onion soup
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
seasoning to taste
Cook 1 hour in 350 degrees oven. No need to check on the jambalya because it cooks itself.

We call it the number 1 jambalya because it is 1 of each ingredient.

The first try, I forgot the rice... Jambalya without rice is NOT a jambalya.

The second try, I forgot to pour the french onion soup in it, which is like cooking rice with no water... Let's just say it don't work...

It was just a foggy day. I was embarrassed, especially with the 2nd failed attempt, but I grilled deer sausage & deer hamburgers, and everyone was happy, so it all worked out in the end. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 11/05/10  7:38am
" So far as I see it for this week CJnLA is in the lead for the award of all fogged up
(sing it to the tune by Elvis) LOL... Sue Bee "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 11/05/10  8:15am
" A few months ago I treated myself to a bag of stick pretzels with my groceries. I was of course exhausted when I got home so I had a small snack of pretzels and an apple. So I knew they were in the house at some point but it took me a month to find them again. Yep I was the one who put them there in the wrong cupboard. Yes I looked in that cupboard too. Oh well, what a nice surprize for me when I did find them. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web