Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Sevella
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Has anyone tried the new drug Sevella? I'm on my 4th day and it's really been tough!!
Posted on 04/18/10, 06:08 pm
18 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/18/10  6:25pm
" Yes, I took it for a week. I can't handle any fibro med though. I prefer opioids for pain and marijuana ;-) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/18/10  6:41pm
" Yeah, I'm on it and yes it seems to be rough starting out on just about everyone! I stuck with it until I got to 100 mg and since I have been was on a steady dose I am fine. I had to up the dose slower than most because of the symptoms though. I feel at least 50% better now than I did before I started taking it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/18/10  8:09pm
" I just started taking Savella too. Im on my 7th day . I move up from 50 2x's a day to -100 2x's a day tomorrow. I'm on a Titration pack. Are you.? I also take Lyrica 100mg a day for a TN diagnosis too.

I 've been told we have to give it time to work! I hope your doing ok. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/18/10  8:11pm
" Yes I did and it made me really ill. I haven't heard of too many folks having success with it.The new drugs have so many horrific side effects for us all that I wish they would quit pushing them on everyone. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/18/10  8:14pm
" been on it 2 wks now and i am doing great so far hope it lasts!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/18/10  8:17pm
" Thank you, I definately get it! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/18/10  8:18pm
" Thank you, I'm going to try to stick with it for the two weeks and then we will see. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/18/10  8:19pm
" I dont like it, made me very sick to my stomach, so much so I had to get a scrip of meds to keep from getting sick,....still sick. Also tried lyrica ,,,,didnt work either. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 04/20/10  4:19pm
" I have been on Savella for 2 months. I went off of Cymbalta because I think it increased my fatigue, when I started the Savella. The Savella gave me more energy, but I had more pain and was angry-like from it...I guess it's the norepinenephrine that causes that. Now I take the Savella, low dose of Cymbalta and I take Lyrica, so I am on all 3 of the new meds...feel pretty good at the moment. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 04/20/10  4:22pm
" I've been on Savella since June 2009 and it's been great for me. The only lasting effect was a slight increase in my blood pressure which has now normalized again.

I sleep better and I have a bit more energy, and it handles virtually all of the "flu-like" pain of fibromyalgia, but not the myofascial pain so I still do battle with that daily. Lidocaine patches, stretching, and massage are my friends for all that.

Hope it works out for you - seems like it either works really well or makes you really sick - not much in between. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web