Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
I had my ssd hearing
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I went monday am. the vocational expert could not find one job i could do with my limitations and the lawyer said he was positive i won. said he would be extremely shocked if i didnt.the judge stated i should have a decision in 30 days yet my lawyer said it could take up to 60-80 days. Im wondering those of you who got approved at the alj hearing how long it took to get the decision in writing and the back pay money as well as the start of your monthly payments.
Posted on 08/19/09, 12:50 am
13 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/19/09  12:55am
" Yay frenchie! That sounds so positive.

I had my hearing at the end of May and because the judge wanted to cheat me out of my back pay and change my onset date, I had a pretty good feeling that I won.

My attorney said it would be September before he wrote his decision, but I had the letter exactly 7 days later and my back pay came within 3 wks. It would have come sooner but I had to wait to get a statement from my State showing how much disability I received from them so that it could be paid back. My attorney should have told me I would need this so I would be prepared. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/19/09  12:59am
" the judge tried to cheat me out of back pay too. Tried to change the onset date till march 13 2008 when i first saw my pain management dr. But the lawyer fought and explained to the judge that the pm dr constantly notated that my problems began oct 1 2007 so the judge agreed to that as the onset date. Im glad because that would have been a large sum of money to lose. Did you recieve all backpay at once? did the lawyers fee get taken out prior to you receiving the check or do you pay your lawyer once you receive the check? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/19/09  1:02am
" I don't know about getting paid, but I just wanted to say I was pulling for you. Sounds good. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 08/19/09  1:32am
" That sounds very promising! Sending you good vibes that all goes well.. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 08/19/09  2:26am
" I didn't have to go to court but usually when you have a lawyer the check is sent to them and they cut you a check for your part, do you remember if you signed anything saying that the lawyer could collect money for you?

So happy that things are finally winding up, I'm hoping you get your judgement asap! hugs jilly "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 08/19/09  7:00am
" Wishing you the best of luck for your decision. Know it will be good if the vocational guy said no jobs with your limatations you pretty well know you won your case.

I was approved in mid Jan. and had the decision in writing within 2 weeks.

Take care gentle hugs "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 08/19/09  9:17am
" Very happy for you frenchy!

I have a question about your physical limitations.

Do you have carpal tunnel, or what is the limitations that you have.

The reason I ask is, my rheumatologist stated that I can not lift anything over 5 pounds. I also have carpal tunnel, but no surgery yet. It's not bad enough yet!

My SSD claim is at the Judge's office awaiting a decision or a court date.

Thanks for your help.

Gentle hugs "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 08/19/09  11:52am
" Congratulations Frenchie, hope it all works out in your favor. When SS cuts your check they send the lawyer their part and then (SS) will send you the balance. The process can be slow so be patient, usually takes a couple of weeks to a couple of months. SS will send you a letter stating the amount of your settlement and the day of the month that your check will be cut. Everyone's date is different. Once you get your settlement, get in touch with your tax person so they can tell you how much tax you will have to pay, it will only be on a percentage of your settlement. Also you need to fill out a form to have them take taxes out of your monthly check. Try not to wait to long to do this or you will have a chunk of change to pay come tax time next year. PM me if you have questions. Good luck... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 08/19/09  12:36pm
" That is just great Frenchy.

Gentle hugs, Sherrall "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 08/20/09  11:39am
" Kimmy,
My limitations were couldnt stand or sit longer than 10 minutes at a time due to increasing pain. I am not able to constantly bend, lift, twist etc,
I filed on the following
Intervertebral DDD
Inflammatory Arthritis
Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder
Possible Sytemic Lupus Eurothemysis (sp)
Fibromyalgia
Myofascial Pain
Endometriosis Stage IV
Interstitial Cystitis
Migraines
IBS
Severe Depression
Anxiety Disorder
Panic Disorder
Agoraphobia (which developed after all the falling incidents, I didnt want to leave the house because I was afraid that I would have a falling spell, or the sharp stabbing pains in my joints and bones) "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web