Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Fibromyalgia: Shortness of Breath
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi All,
Is there anyone else who has this (lovely) disorder who struggles with shortness of breath?
Posted on 09/05/07, 12:48 pm
13 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/05/07  12:52pm
" I haven't had too much of the shortness of breath but my chest would feel like someone was standing on it from time to time. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/05/07  1:03pm
" Sometimes it hurts to breathe deep.Don't struggle with shortness of breath. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/05/07  1:16pm
" I used to have it so bad that I was actually diagnosed with asthma and put on heavy-duty meds all to no avail.

What it turned out to be is chronic myofascial pain syndrome where you get knots in your muscles that refer pain elsewhere, or in this case, cause breathing problems.

After my former doctor finally did a breathing test on me and realized what was going on, I learned about trigger point massage for CMP, found the offending trigger points on my upper chest wall, massaged them and was fine.

Here's the site I learned all the ways CMP wrecks havoc in our lives: http://www.sover.net/~devstar/ Be sure and read the stuff for doctors--it's very insightful. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/05/07  2:00pm
" I had lots of breathing issues... not like shortness of breath, but like Blonde said... like someone was ON me... like I was breathing AROUND a strain... hard to describe. My doctor called it asthma and since the inhaler helps would not waiver. So my chiropracter did this huge symptom checker with me... identified adrenal dysfunction... I started a supplement called Dremanmin... huge improvement, almost immediately. I went from using the inhaler a few times a day to ...hmmm... maybe 2x in the last 2 months. So, that's what helped me. Good luck with it... keep looking and you'll find what works for you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/05/07  2:07pm
" Yes, I get short breathed all the time. Jsut doing the simplist of tasks. I will be short on breath and just exahusted. I have found that carring laundry from the house to the garage does it to me .I take zanax for aniety. So that does help, it will calm me down to where I can get my breathing normal again. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/05/07  2:49pm
" It is common to have other diseases and disorders along with Fibro!

I have Asthma along with Fibro and some other things...migraines, seizures, IBS, incontenence...just to name a few!

Also...One symptom I get with Fibro is a condition called..."Costocondritis!" It's a feeling similar to that of a heart attack, but what really happens is the muscles between your ribs and chest place contract suddenly and you feel a great amount of pain and shortness of breath!

Another Fibro symptom I get is when I am in allot of pain and I go somewhere with loud talking or loud music...well, I can feel the music or talking booming in my chest and body and then sometimes it sets off the "costocondritis!"

FUN TIMES!...NOT!

Take care,
Stay sane! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/05/07  5:01pm
" MINE ONLY COMES FROM THE WORK I DO IN THE HOUSEE...MUCH LOVE....HELELN "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/05/07  5:19pm
" I get this alot! usualy when I am out shoping or walkiing a lot or stand up fast. feels like someone is tightening a wire arround my ribcage, just under the breasts. Ive passed out a few times, luckily my husband bill has almost always been there to catch me. except that one time in the shower, wacked my head pritty good and bill says he called my name a bunch of times before i came to. luckily i usualy recognize it comeing on now so i sit down fast. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/05/07  5:23pm
" You may want to check side effects of meds. Some pain killers can cause shortness of breath. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 09/05/07  5:29pm
" i dont take any meds, the side effects of the few ive tried have always been unacceptable.I need to be coherent enough to take care of my kids. anything that was strong enough to take away pain also knocked me out. so is the only way to be pain free to be unconcious? "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web