Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
sunburn feeling with no sunburn
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi, Just wondering if this maybe a symptom of fibro?Every now and again I get what feels like sunburn down my right thigh. The skin is sensitive to touch like it is burnt, but its not. Maybe it is what they describe as Paresthesia?? I also have hypothyroidism. Does anyone with fibromyalgia have this?
Posted on 05/27/09, 02:36 am
22 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/27/09  7:53am
" Hi,

I have very bad burning in both palms, the outsides of my wrists (mostly the right), my big toes (most the right), I also get a wave feeling of this down the outside of my thighs, this one is breif though.

My hands burn so bad!!! I can not let anything touch them. The best thing I can relate it to is a terribly bad sunburn. It is as if the skin were gone and raw skin is exposed.

I have asked repeatedly for some answer from my Rheumatologist (that I see today), I am going to mention Parestesia. I read a little about it but am confused how to proceed to really find an answer on the net.

I also have Carpal Tunnel, which is one on the added problems, it is mentioned on the site I was looking at.

I am going to look into this further. This "burning" in my palms has crippled my life so bad. I want answers!!! No more answers of "I don't know what this could be".

I'm glad I read your post.

Gentle hugs. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/27/09  8:36am
" It may be nerve pain? vitamin B12 (sublingual tablets or injections) may help. Low dose Naltrexone, Neurontin and Lyrica may also help but you have to be willing to risk the side effects of the Neurontin and Lyrica, which for some, can be quite nasty.

I take a low dose Naltrexone (Revia) and it seems to have taken all the nerve pain away and a bit of the overall achy pains. You take 3 to 4 mgs a night (from 9:00 pm to 12:00 am) of the fast release (not slow) and be sure to check what fillers they use. The calcium filler is not recommended. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 05/27/09  10:18am
" I don't really have the burning sensation but I have times where my skin hurts to touch it, its like super sensitive, very strange feeling, how do you tell someone my skin hurts, ya know? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/27/09  10:28am
" This is a very Common thing...it feels like ur hair Folicals are highly irritated...yes...I used to get it alot...take a cloth...put some cool water on it...and "LIGHTLY" rub it on the area...to stimulate the Nerves there..sometimes this hurts pretty good...keep it real light...it does work...just do it several times during the day...

i had no ideas to help me thru this for Years...it was my PT that taught me how to do it...works wonderful, cause there were times I could not even put on a pair of Jeans...and the sensation would last for Days...usually it hits me on the backs of both thighs...sometimes on my tummy...sigh.. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 05/27/09  1:56pm
" I had the burning sensation down the back of both of legs, my back and my right ribcage. I am on Lyrica which controls it...thank goodness. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 05/27/09  1:58pm
" my legs and feet burn but not in the way a sunburn would. it's like they are burning from the inside out. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 05/27/09  2:56pm
" Hi WeeMee;

Yes, I also have the burning thighs, and I also am HypoThyroid.

For me the burning is usually a sunburn type feeling and at times turns into a red-hot burning. After years of this, I've finally have gotten rid of most of my jeans and made way for all the softer material pants.....Summer is here now, so now I can wear shorts and skirts and will have bare thighs....Ahhhhh (big sigh of relief)

I have found that when I take OTC's such as Aleve it usually makes it worse. I started getting B-12 Shots 5 weeks ago for energy, and was hoping it would help the burning thighs also, but it did not.

Please PM me if you find a direct answer to this problem....I've talked to many dr's about it, and they just push it away, since I have so many other med issues to deal with. As a matter of fact, I had a case of Shingles this winter on my stomach...I had it over a month when I finally thought to show it to one of my dr's.....He got pissed and said why didn't I call or come in sooner.......The burning thighs is a real daily issue for me, and Shingles was nothing compared to it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 05/27/09  3:28pm
" i get feelings of really bad bruise & theres no bruise! back of leg spot on arm
@ lot of small itchey spots= yesturday was my thumb where it bends finaly soaked it in alcohol & it stopped! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 05/27/09  4:09pm
" yep! that's fibro.....
i found a cream that helps me when i feel like that
it's called All in One Skin Aid by Neutragena (with analgesic).

maybe you shuld try it and see if it helps you as much as it does me

best of luck and i hope tomorrow will be a better day for you! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 05/27/09  5:39pm
" i do feel kinda numb/paresthesia, all the time mainly handsbut a deep aches between fingers! always rubbing=use tennis balls =i have them all ovr house & even put them in my top & press back againtest couch!
have lidocaine cream & patches they don't really help
make me feel less like i can feel anything yet so painfully =know that doesn't sound right but thats how it is!
today i feel like i have been bounce around like a ball=just low intense ache all over! "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web