How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Difference between flexeril and robaxin??
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I usually take 2 flexeril every night at bedtime. I ran out 3 days ago, couldn't get another RX over the holiday weekend. My mom gave me a couple of her 750mg generic Robaxin for tonight, and I was just wondering if there's a big difference in strength or side effects, before I take them. Does anyone know about these drugs??

Thanks!
Posted on 04/12/09, 09:27 pm
12 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/12/09  11:45pm
" it is equailent & also a carbimate to guaifesion everyone is checking into (mucinex) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/12/09  11:50pm
" here is a link for more information about Robaxin - it looks like it is another muscle relaxer

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-111... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/13/09  12:06am
" FYI when ever you type in aword that has a link on hereIE most medicines
=you can clink on the word & gives the info
so click on your word robaxin & it tells you!
flexiril is also for muscle /nervious sytom where robixin is for muscles will surfice till you get your RX "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/13/09  12:23am
" I've taken both and have not notice any big difference but everyone is different. Can't really say either have done much for my pain or sleep. Hope you have better luck.

Hugs "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/13/09  12:52am
" Mary, I was thinking that the flexeril wasn't helping me, I just didn't feel any different when I took it. Didn't make me sleepy, it didn't *seem* to relax my muscles that I could tell...but after just one night of not taking it, I was alot more sore the next day!! Today's my 3rd or 4th day without it, and I have gone into a full blown flair today. I haven't had a flare, with this kind of muscle pain & stiffness, and the sore & bruised & tight feelings, in some time now.

I fell asleep 3 times today during a movie we were watching with my family, I never fall asleep watching tv...I can't move without hobbling it seems now. I was without my flexeril, and then I pushed myself too hard for 3 days straight, which I KNOW better than to do...but I had to get ready for Easter, and I'd been doing better. *sigh* I know my limits, and I still over do them. The combination of Lyrica & flexeril though has *really* helped alot; the first couple of months on lyrica were tough, but my dr talked me into staying on it, and I'm glad I did now! Now if I can just get in to see my dr tomorrow!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/13/09  12:57am
" I'm glad you found something that works for you. Hope you are able to see doctor and get refill. I'm just one of those people that don't do well on meds or natural alternatives hopefully one day I'll find something that works for me.

Hugs "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/13/09  2:28am
" I am currently taking Robaxin. I have tried Flexeril, but it makes me have vivid nightmares. According to my internist, the big difference between them is Robaxin doesn't cause weight gain like Flexeril can. Also, Robaxin is a cousin drug of Skelaxin (a really wonderful muscle relaxer that my insurance won't cover!) My doc also told me that Flexeril is chemically similar to Elavil, which made me gain a bunch of weight. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/13/09  8:40am
" All I can tell you about Robaxin is You DO NOT want it in an injection, I got one a couple of weeks ago, trying to fight off a migraine, and it liked to have made me climb the walls, it burnt so bad, worse burn any injection has EVER gave me. OUCH!!!! Just thinking about it, makes me hurt. Hope you feel better. I actually have a huge knot on my hip even now from the injection 2 weeks ago. Lori "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 04/13/09  10:50am
" I didn't realize flexoril caused weight gain, I've been on it for over 2 years. Well crap, I have had help gaining this weight. i think I'm going to ask my doc if Robanix would help. honestly, I've taken it, and even when I don't take it, I don't feel any different. The doc gave me some sample of sklaxin and it was amazing. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 04/13/09  10:40pm
" I took flexeril for about a week, and I gained almost 10 pounds. When I asked my rhuemy about it, she said it can cause weight gain. I told her that I had the same problem ith Elavil. She then told me they were chemically similar. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web