Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
My Shoulders hurt so bad.. help!
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
My shoulders have been really hurting so bad.. that I can not even lay on them to go to sleep.. does anyone else have this? It gets to the point that I just don't know what to do.. they never hurt this bad or this long before... even my pain meds don't hurt.. its crazy.. I just want realif!
Posted on 02/20/09, 12:11 am
18 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/20/09  12:16am
" My left shoulder (seatbelt injury) provides me with my most exhaustive pain. When it starts getting bad, I usually try squeezing the muscle to release toxins, then stretching. That often works. If it gets to the point of spasm, I resort to Soma, a muscle relaxer. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/20/09  12:46am
" I don't have any suggestions.

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you.

Sending Hugs and Prayers that you feel better. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/20/09  12:51am
" I get the same thing alot. Nothing helps me either. I try heat and a light massage and the pain pills don't help me either. If you find something that works, please share it with me! Hope it goes away soon!

Hugs
Tory "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/20/09  7:24am
" My shoulders are my trigger points also. I have my pain doc give me an injection if it gets too bad. I sleep on a recliner too. That seems to help especially with pillows under your elbows. I take flexeril for spasms, but it only helps for a little while. I hurt for you hon, hope you feel better soon! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/20/09  7:38am
" I use a rice sock on the shoulders and neck areas. It seems to help a lot. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/20/09  7:54am
" heat seems to do the trick, e-blanket, and heating pad. also icy hot works too. I know some times the pain is so intense I feel as if I am lossing my mind. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 02/20/09  10:39am
" Hun...if you think that it's tight muscles.....try this PT move I learned to help with it.

Get a pillow or towel (large one rolled up).

Place it vertical to your spine on the floor and lay on it. So you are right on top of the pillow/towel.

Now just gently....allow your shoulders to relax backwards to the floor.

Now, take in some deep breaths. Imagine each lung is divided into two. Start with the upper quadrants of your lungs. Slow and deep breaths.
Then fill the lower quadrants...slow and deep.

This should be relaxing....no stretching. The deep breaths will do the stretching for you.

Repeat this 3-5 times for each quadrant.

This will teach your shoulders to be in the right position. We tend to curl up when we are in pain and thus shortening our muscles.

Good luck hun. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 02/20/09  10:59am
" I get this and then it travels to my neck and head as well. the only thing that helps a little is a warming rub something like tigerbalm or deep heat. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 02/20/09  11:12am
" Sitting at the PC too long, sitting in the wrong position, not holding your shoulders back.

Here is an exercise for your shoulders, like giving yourself a massage,

Lift shoulders up, push them back and drip them

Work on your posture and while sitting at the pc also,. Limit your time infront of the PC "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 02/20/09  11:14pm
" I have tried a lot of things.. thanks wonderbaby i should try that... i have tried warming message too and it helped for a while but not musch.. they still hurt.. its hard to explain the pain.. not sure if i pulled a muscle in my shoulders or whatever.. thinking about calling a chiropractor about it.. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web