Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Ear pain?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I get the worst pains in my jaw and ears, everything tends to sound too loud...does this happen to anyone else? My Dr. looked in my ears and said everything looked fine, it feels like I have an ear infection...also smells are real strong too..I saw once that Fibro suffers have these issues I just wasn't sure if anyone here did...and if so does anything make it better?
Posted on 09/10/08, 09:21 am
10 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/10/08  9:30am
" My ears don't hurt but my sniffer is VERY sensitive. Also, anything bright drives me nuts and makes my head hurt. Did your doctor check for TMJ? Hope you feel better XOXO "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/10/08  9:51am
" I have the same thing.....smells, lights and noises will drive me out of my skull. Part of it is the FMS but part of mine is trigeminal neuropathy. You might want to have that checked. TMJ is also a possibility.. Best to check with the doc.

Gentle hugs...
Basket. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/10/08  10:12am
" I have the same thing with smells,light and noise,I also suffer with terrible "FACE ACHE" feeling,it could be a stress thing where my jaw hurts,up through my cheeks and into my temples??I do tend to clench my jaw through the pain???But don't get the ear pain,guess we are all different and fm affects us all in slightly different ways??
HUGS TO ALL xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/10/08  10:16am
" Yes I for sure get the overload with my senses...I had, had a very good sense of taste and smell before the FM started but now it's just overwhelming...I guess it's good b.c I'm a chef but some smells just make me gag now...light hurts, sound is too much and everything tastes so strongly...but luckily I can still season things really well..I cooked for my Bf and his family and no one even touched the Salt or pepper! LOL and these are big S&P people...I was terrified that it had made it impossible for me to taste things correctly. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/10/08  10:17am
" TMJ is the first thing that comes to mind, and it's supposed to be common with FMS. I have it. I'm also very sensitive to noise. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/10/08  12:17pm
" Also acid reflux causes ear pain and jaw pain,
Mine kick in when my reflux gets out of hand and its time to throw all the acid relievers at my body. It works "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/10/08  1:52pm
" I too suffer from all the symptoms you have listed..It is awful when people speak to loud it really hurts my ears..My Dr has checked my ears time and time again and has also found nothing..Its so frustrating... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/10/08  3:14pm
" Yes i do get ear pain but its not the iner ear it the sarounding area and my jaw if i lay on it hope that helps and the Doctorerss tell me every thing looks fine too. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/10/08  3:32pm
" I have had an earache for about 10 years. I told my rhumey that and he checked my strep antibodies (called ASO levels) and they were 776!!! Normal levels are under 200! He said that I have Rheumatic Fever and have prob had it for the ten years I've had the earache and he also said that is prob what caused my Fibro. Don't know if that is something that should be checked or not but it might not hurt. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 09/11/08  7:07am
" Yes I've had that and it's horrid. I used ear candles every few days for a couple of weeks and I've hardly had any pain since. As long as you don't have an infection, you should be right using them. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web