Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
It's a secret
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was diagnosed with fibro over a week ago, and I haven't told a soul. I have 4 very close friends at work. I am also married with a grown child. I have a very good relationship with my mother-in-law, but I don't feel like I can tell any of them. I don't think they will understand.

I was diagnosed with lupus and have been receiving treatment for a couple of years. All of my close friends and family know about lupus, but I am a very private person. Even that illness is not public knowledge around the school where I teach or among my extended family.

I noticed that my lupus was getting worse, and that's when I found out about fibro. Until my diagnosis, it had never crossed my mind as a possibility. I didn't think anyone would have to face both diseases at the same time.

Is is wrong if I don't share this new diagnosis with my loved ones? I sort of think that I am still learning to accept the diagnosis myself.
Posted on 05/07/13, 08:56 pm
23 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #21 - 05/10/13  9:47am
" I am really overwhelmed by the support that I have found from all of you. I cannot thank you enough for sharing and listening. It helps me to know that I can talk to you even if I don't yet feel like I can talk to the other people in my life. Hopefully, in time, I will feel like sharing with others.

Thank you so much for your warm welcome! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #22 - 05/12/13  1:56pm
" Whether you tell or not is completely up to you.
This site you can tell everything and those who read what you write will understand 150%!
Let yourself adjust and get used to the idea. Heck, I'm Still adjusting to having fibro!
You'll know when you want to tell them - if ever.
God's holding you in the palm of His hand. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #23 - 05/12/13  8:38pm
" Thanks, Karen! "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web