Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
tired and hurting arms
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
does anyone else's arms hurt when they lift them up for any amount of time? i will be trying to wash my hair or put my hair up in the morning and after a few seconds my arms start to hurt really badly. they also just kind of feel heavy. and its not just in the morning either. the same happens in the evening, though its not as bad. this has been going on for about a couple of weeks, but has gotten worse lately. i hate to admit it, but i have been going as long as possible b/w hair washings b/c it hurts so badly.

thanks.
Posted on 12/11/07, 09:49 pm
34 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/11/07  9:56pm
" Yep, I still have my strength but when I hole my arms up or out, then I start to shake really bad. I also drop things, just out of the blue. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/11/07  10:13pm
" This is one of my symptons. I have shaking arms when I hold them out. I lost the use of my eft arm seven years ago and it took two years of physio to get it back but it is still very weak. I think that its a fibro thing. My rheumo says so too.
Love newfibroohio xx "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/11/07  10:15pm
" I also put off washing my hair b/c of the pain in my arms. And I do also drop things constantly. As always you should let your doc know, but sounds to me like a common fibro effect "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/11/07  10:24pm
" yes i have this problem everyday.. i was sitting in my recliner 10 mins ago thinking wow my arms are killin me tonight.... i just try not to lift em to much and keep em warm...**hugs** "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/11/07  10:37pm
" oh, and i forgot to mention it, but holding my arms up also makes the small of my back tense up. i'm going to ask my chiro about it. maybe he can give me some more stretches or something. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 12/11/07  10:41pm
" yup hanging out the washing hurts. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 12/11/07  11:34pm
" I actually have just the oposite pain - my arms hurt, radiating from my should down, and the only way to get relief is to lift them over my head. I usually sit in the recliner with both of my arms over my head. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 12/12/07  3:57am
" YES, I have the same problem... washing or fixing my hair, or folding towels or laundry are all just terrible. I finally got a cute shorter cut that I just have to blow dry, and do most of that with my head upside down for body, so that was a great help. I had a terrible time switching from my old curly, poofy hair. I liked it curled everyday and it just got too much. I had a hair professional tell me I could wear short straight hair as long as I got a good cut. I didnt want to look bland or unfemenime (sp?)... now I have had terrible burning pain in my right elbow, and sometimes in my left... I am guessing arthritis??? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 12/12/07  7:11am
" Yep..me too. My arms feel like they have lead in them..I wear mt hair long and washing it is a PAIN...I have to lie down and rest after a shower it is so exhausting. Folding laundry brings tears , as does doing the dishes..so I break it up into small "shifts"I fold the laundry on the bed so I DON'T have to hold it.I have done the PT thing and did not get any positive results.Just one of those things I have to deal with.
Oh yeah...my arms will frequently "go to sleep" when driving long distances from having them in one position to long.It also affects my quilting , cannot sew for more than 30 mins at a time. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 12/12/07  7:59am
" My arms ache all the time, doesnt matter where I put them. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web