Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
dizzy spells
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have been having dizzy spells for the last two days. No nausea with it. Just dizzy and light headed. I do take blood pressure meds and checked my pressure. It's okay and so is my heart rhythm and rate. It is damp here is Florida but my pain and sinus' are about the same. livable. I have to assume this is the fibro? I also feel like my mind is off in la la land. Is this fibro fog? forgot to feed my chickens and left the stove on after supper. This feeling is almost worse than the pain. Yesterday I took no pain meds and nothing changed.

Is this all the fibro?
Posted on 12/08/12, 11:37 am
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/08/12  1:38pm
" Hello....I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Unfortunately, dizziness and the forgetfulness (fog) do go right along with fibro. I used to have unexplained dizziness, and it would eventually go away. Sometimes I'd have to take a dramamine, if it was the bad vertigo type.

I hate to say, but the forgetfulness and kind of spaciness is definitely a big part of the fibro.

The weather could be having something to do with your stranger symptoms. Hopefully it will pass soon. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/08/12  1:43pm
" Last few days I've been noticing dizzy spells even while laying down. Not good. These scare me. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/08/12  3:15pm
" I have a type of Ménière's disease so I have frequent bouts of vertigo & ringing in my ears (since my teens actually) but my biggest challenge is (my lack of) balance.
I think (from what I've read) that vertigo & fibro-fog are common with fibro, but if this is something completely new for you & just out of the blue, you may want to give your MD a buzz. Just in case the symptoms relate to something else.
good luck & gentle hugs "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/08/12  4:51pm
" They scare me too skinny binny because Iam afraid Ill go down and someone will call 911. It has resolved for now and I felt safe enough to drive to the grocery. I had thought of Meineiers disease as I have ringing in my ears at times. No balence issues though and it's really not new. I was in Ikea one day checking out and had a terrible time pretending that nothing was wrong. I wound up sitting on my pile of stuff. Am thinking maybe it is low blood sugar. Thanks for everyone's
input.!! The support is wonderful! To know we're not alone. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/08/12  6:24pm
" Hi! I get dizzy spells often. They are very unsettling for sure. I was told by my doc that they are a symptom of the fibro, not really sure why though. I do hope they go away for you though. They seem to come in cycles for me. Get dizzy for a few weeks then nothing for a few weeks, then back to being dizzy for a few weeks. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 12/08/12  8:18pm
" I looked up Meineiers on pubmed and it said that it can be brought on by fatigue??

I have tinnitus. The ringing is so loud sometimes that I'm sure people around me must be able to hear it. Sometimes it's just a high pitched squeal. After reading pubmed the only differences I see are vertigo. So I guess you could be diagnosed with either one depending if you are having balance issues at the same time as ringing ears?

One thing that contributes to my dizzy spells is chronic low blood pressure. If that is low and my blood sugar is low also then I won't be going anywhere, not even down the hall. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 12/08/12  11:18pm
" @ skinnybinny - I know what you mean...sometimes the ringing is so loud that I think it should be a real noise! And other times nothing. My ENT said that it would prob get worse with age (both frequency & duration) & eventually I might need surgery. Mine is caused by (they think *rolls eyes*) a tiny benign tumor behind my right ear. I also had frequent ear infections as a child & have extensive hearing loss in my right ear. I'm pretty used to vertigo although lately it seems to be worse (can't even lay on my back in bed sometimes). MD started me on Gabapentin/Neurontin last week which is causing me a little wooziness (I just increased the dose to BID today). Guess I will just have to love with it. At least the tinnitus isn't any worse...thank God for small favors, huh ;P "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 12/08/12  11:18pm
" @ skinnybinny - I know what you mean...sometimes the ringing is so loud that I think it should be a real noise! And other times nothing. My ENT said that it would prob get worse with age (both frequency & duration) & eventually I might need surgery. Mine is caused by (they think *rolls eyes*) a tiny benign tumor behind my right ear. I also had frequent ear infections as a child & have extensive hearing loss in my right ear. I'm pretty used to vertigo although lately it seems to be worse (can't even lay on my back in bed sometimes). MD started me on Gabapentin/Neurontin last week which is causing me a little wooziness (I just increased the dose to BID today). Guess I will just have to love with it. At least the tinnitus isn't any worse...thank God for small favors, huh ;P "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web