Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
tiredness in the legs
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anyone suffer with their legs? I feel sometimes like my legs are so tired I just feel like im goin to fall out and so tired. Ive heard some people with fibro have ended up in a wheel chair I hope thats not goin to happen to me. Can anyone comment on this with some advice or if you have the same problem and what did doctor say about it.
Posted on 01/26/12, 04:48 pm
18 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/26/12  4:59pm
" You should be getting a ton of responses with this one.Shoot I thought my legs might as well of fallen off awhile ago.They hurt so bad,even went numb(i could still feel and move them) for a long time.They still get tired sometimes to where I swear they're gonna give out,but they don't.Rest and stretching is my only advice because all my doctors are horrible.Hope your legs feel better soon. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/26/12  5:10pm
" I'm into homeopathic alternatives. Try some Arnica cream. you can get it at any health food store.....it helps alot "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/26/12  5:55pm
" This does suck! I have had RLS for awhile, but the hurting in my legs, etc just started over the last few months. I always have problems when I first get up, I am wobbly and my feet hurt so I walk like a duck, lol. Sometimes I can barely walk because my knees, feet and ankles hurt and I have fallen several times.

I have started getting these cramp like shooting pains up the insides of both legs and cannot move when this happens. My remedy is to just sit until I can move again! Sorry I really have no pat answer for this. I think my docs are just sick of hearing all the different symptoms I have and they just keep upping dosages of meds.

Oh and hot showers/baths help all my aches and pains!

I am also interested in any answers to this problem! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/26/12  6:24pm
" I did have "Heavy Legs"...Mine was Due to a Blood Clot in my Abdominal Aorta..Every Step Felt like I was Walking Thru Heavy Mudd.

Just to be on the "Safe Side", I would have an ABI test done...Very Easy...they just do a Blood Pressure Test on Your Legs.

My Doc did an Ultra sound First, Seen Nothing (In my Legs)...so I Lived with it a few More Years before they Caught it..An ABI test is the Best way to Start. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/26/12  10:45pm
" I remember having such a hard time describing my pain to my Dr. and at first only saying "My legs hurt". Nice to know I'm not the only one. Now my feet hurt SOOO bad that I sometimes don't notice my legs so much. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/26/12  10:57pm
" When I was working my legs would feel like jelly and my feet hurt just walking after just a few hours. Now that I am not working, I still have leg pain but it is not quiet as bad when I can lay down and put my legs up. Hot baths are really good, or a heating pad. Alot of people use electric blankets in the night too. First thing in the morning is always really bad, because I am so stiff it is hard to get moving. Hope this give you the input that you needed.

Hugs,
Angel "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 01/26/12  11:23pm
" My legs do not so much feel tired but do have the pain in them all the time it is that way from my neck to my feet 24/7... so get tired of the pain itself & have to push to keep moving.

If U have not already done so make sure your doctor is aware of the problem U R having & your concerns.

Hope U feel better soon!

take care
gentle hugs "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 01/27/12  12:57pm
" Teaching first grade, I am on my feet a lot. I am also the last room in a hallway that feels like five miles some days. By the end of it, my legs and my back are aching.
When I went shopping with my daughters the day after Thanksgiving, I got to the point where I could not feel my legs from my waist down. I knew they were moving, but could not feel them. That is when I decided it was time to go home. I won't push myself like that again. It was kind of scary. I was sore for a couple of days after too. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 01/27/12  1:13pm
" Yep. Tired, aching, and heavy legs are something I have only recently began to deal with. They have hurt for awhile, but not gotten the lethargic heaviness that they now seem to have. Seems like there is always something. Then the doctor tells you to exercise. Exercise will cure it! Pfftt... whatever. I just nod and go "ok I will try." Stretching helps me, but sometimes the only thing that helps is a hot bath. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 01/27/12  7:54pm
" Exactly as Helwell describes it. Sometimes my legs feel like they're made of lead and achy too. My body just feels like one big sigh! Hot baths help me too but is only temporary (darn it!). "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web