More DailyStrength
Health Event Calendar
See what's new on the site
Step-by-step Tutorials
How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hello! I was diagnosed with Fibro about 6 months ago. I am on Cymbalta and Tramadol. I get these painful lumps or knots at my pressure points. They show up in one area at a time, stay for about 3 days, and then disappear. I never know when or where one is going to "pop" up and are very debilitating. Does anyone else have this issue, have you found anything to help with the pain, or how to control them? Thank you for any info you share with me!
Posted on 11/03/11, 08:01 pm
14 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/03/11  8:14pm
" Just in my neck. My GP, rheumy, and nuro haven't been able to figure out why for sure. Have you shown your doctor? Just out of curiosity, have you ever been tested for rheumatoid arthritis? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/03/11  8:18pm
" Sounds like myofascial pain, There is a book about it and tells you how to massage and relieve the pain from the knots.

I would google and read about it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/03/11  8:28pm
" Thank you both! It seems I never have one when I go to the doctor! I was told that one of my blood tests came back showing Unspecified Inflammation and I was told I most likely had Fibro because they couldn't find anything else.
I will have to look up Myofascial pain. I am not familiar with it. Thank you very much! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/03/11  8:59pm
" I get these, most often at the base of my skull, but from time to time on pressure points.

I have found that Benedryl helps bring the swelling down. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 11/03/11  9:07pm
" Fibromyalgia is known for it's tight/taut muscles they get into a ropey knot spasm and that is why it hurts xxooo's "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 11/03/11  9:23pm
" Hot or cold packs or or hot shower or Epsom salts bath and try to stretch and move that part of the body's muscles out. Get a good rub an "Arnica"- based rub or "Voltaren Emugel" antinflammation rub. The more stressed or overworked the areas and the tension tightens up the muscles,ligaments and tendons in the area. Then it hurts also good body posture esp. sitting, typing or on the phone. Ask for an Occupational Therapist referral they will be able to suggest assistive devices for doing every day activities like long handled scrubbers, for your tub cleaning and for washing yourself long handled bath brush, etc. Also if you know of a warm swimming pool in a recreation center near you to do gentle aerobic stretching exercises help too! xxxooo's "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/03/11  9:32pm
" Great to see our Red Canadian Fox back!

Lumpy bumpy my kids call up on both Fibro and Myofascial, become your own best advcate, your local Library should become your new haunting ground.

Good luck and welcome to the good ship DS. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 11/04/11  12:22am
" Wow thanks for the tip. I get these too and have just thought they were something I had to deal with. Thanks for bringing it up maybe it'll help me get some relief when they decide to pop up. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 11/04/11  1:26pm
" Thanks everyone! I appreciate your feedback! It is very helpful! Hugs to all! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 11/04/11  1:27pm
" The best thing I can tell you to do for those lumps and knots is to apply heat and pressure to them.
A tennis ball works well and won't leave a bruise most times.
Press in on the knot for the count of ten, let go for the count of ten and keep going till the knot is gone.

These are called Myofascial (?) pressure points.

AuntieM 1 "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply

More From Around the Web