Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
CRAWLING SKIN???
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Well I thought that I had every kind of symptom but now I don't know. I am having the worst time with my skin feeling like it's crawling. It's driving me nuts!! I can't get to sleep at night, and even through the day my skin feels like it's crawling. I'm trying to figure out if this has something to do with this flare that I'm in right now. It feels like there is bugs crawling, and tinggling. I even get up and turn the lights on to see what's on me. Between the pain and the crawling I'm gonna go crazy. Has anyone ever had trouble with this???? I'm desperate!!!
Take care,
Becky
Posted on 09/14/11, 11:28 pm
16 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/15/11  12:05am
" Yes. I do that too. Im so sorrt. Hopefully, someone one here has a better remedy thanks me. All I do is knock myself out with benedryl and muscle relaxers. Im not promoting what I did, but it works for me. I hope you find some relief. This disease takes its toll in many ways, bit especially emotionally. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/15/11  10:13am
" I've only had this sensation on my scalp as a side effect of a medication I no longer take (because of that).

It was awful - not one of those "sometimes" things but constant and maddening.

I hope someone has a good suggestion for you - I was lucky - for me it was simple - I stopped taking the medication that was causing it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/15/11  12:14pm
" I know what you speak of. I had a friend who felt like you and she was diagnosed with Morgellons. You may want to google this illness. I sincerely hope this is not the case for you.

I felt like that while trying to sleep a few nights ago. Only mine was more itching. I read the next day that the allergy causing agents were off the chart in my area.

Take Care~ JJ "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/15/11  12:39pm
" I know what you mean...there are days when the wind blows my hair across my face and I cringe, or I feel water dripping down my legs when there is none, the ants that crawl, the pins and needles that never stop,the stinging and the numbness, weird area's that fall alseep. Loss of sensation in the arms and legs. The tingling that never seems to stop, burning and or cold sensations.

I can not bear to wear socks and I really can not wait to have to put shoes on again... I best be moving down south real soon. Most nights that I can not keep my feet under the covers...winter watch out this not to mention I have Raynaulds.

The reason I keep going and I could keep on going as the list is long, but I also have Neuropathy. If you contimue to have more creepy crawly or numbness/pins&needles talk to you doctor he can do some simple tests to rule out any neuropathy.

I have Idiopathic neuropathy thus called from it having a unknown cause. As many as one-third of all neuropathies are classified in this way.

I hope the ants go marching on...and out of your life as my favorite camp song goes...

Hope for you good night sleep!

Hugs

Sue "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/15/11  1:18pm
" What you are describing is nerve pain which is associated with Fibromyalgia. Gabapentin is usually prescribed for this problem. Take care. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/15/11  3:21pm
" Hi Bobo, I am so sorry to hear you are having this problem. I too have this symptom and like you I've turned on the lights to see if there was something in the bed. I took ibuprofen and did breathing exercises to relax and it seemed to help.

Good luck to you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/15/11  3:53pm
" Fantod is right Gabapentin and Cymbalta help so much. i wanted to rip my pants off as soo as i got home becasue i could stand it. Ask your Dr. about it

Gentle Hugs "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/15/11  10:31pm
" bobo what meds are you on? I ask because this has happen to me and when I stopped taking the meds,it stopped and so I reseached it and it was a side effect.

It can stay with you or can go for awhile and come back. It's not fun at all, so I FEEL FOR YOU. Please check into your meds,I know lyrica,cymbalta and topomax for sure can cause this problem along with some other seizure meds they use for pain med for Fibro. that's just a small part of the list. Good luck to you! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/16/11  2:28am
" Feels like snakes or worms crawling under ur skin...I hear ya "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 09/16/11  8:47am
" yes i have this to hate th efeeling grrr lol..sorry ur going through this ..i dont know what to do for it just let is pass like all the other stuff thats goe swith this MONSTER ....

hugs hope u feel better soon hun at the time im in a reall ybad flare im all broke out also ..

Glenda "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web