Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Blood test to indicate FMS
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi,
I go in for my 6 month check up, and the doctor has requested new blood tests for Fibromyalgia. I realize that they are not recognized by the AMA, but it should be interesting what the results are....
The tests are:
Thrombotic Marker Panel
Pai-1 Antigen FZ PL
These tests are for testing for Hyper-coagulation, and build up of Fibrin in the cells.

To rule out other similar diseases, such as Lupus:
C3 Desarg Fragment
C4 ML FZ Plazma

Has anyone been given these blood tests for FMS?
This is the theory behind the tests:
http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/fi...
http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/diffdx/h...
http://www.neprinol.org/neprinol-an...
Won't find out the results for 3 weeks, bu I will keep you all posted...
I will put up my blast shields for the replies... ;o)
Jon
Posted on 07/24/11, 11:00 pm
27 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/25/11  12:36am
" VERY interesting!! Have never heard of them...Please let us know! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/25/11  12:37am
" I also need to write these down ;) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 07/25/11  12:48am
" Just read in a email from Fibromyalgia network that they are coming up with possible new blood tests for fibro.

Because I am not a member of fibro network only get the emails with part of the info so been waiting for someone to post it that might be a member.

I have had allot of blood tests but not sure had the ones you listed ... they did rule out lupus and polymalgia and things like that ...

Hope U will find out good news from the tests results and thanks for posting the information.

take care
gentle hugs to all "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/25/11  12:49am
" I had never heard of these tests, either, but thank you for posting this information! I go to the rheum. for the first time on Tuesday, and will be sure to bring these tests up! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 07/25/11  1:31am
" This is the basic treatment modality by my doctor. I have been going there for 4 years, but only recently diagnosed with FMS.
http://www.holtorfmed.com/index.php... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 07/25/11  8:49am
" I have the 18 Tender Points of Fibromyalgia and all bloodwork showed normal. I had blood work done by reg dr., neurologist and rheumy all doing different blood test looking for everyhing.

I get a reg blood panel done yearly to check for things/

I dont click on links anymore since someone stated they got a virus from one. so I stay clear. Copy and pasting works good for relaying info.

Lets us know what happens "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 07/25/11  1:25pm
" That's fine Feeling poopy, just continue feeling poopy.
I am just posting what treatment I am getting for FMS, if you don't want to read it, that is fine.
Got the blood test this morning, had 12 vials! I feel drained... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 07/25/11  3:02pm
" Hi Jon,

Thanks so much for posting that info. Keep us updated. I would like to run this by my doctor.

YDLS "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 07/25/11  4:01pm
" Wow that wasn't very nice - going to chalk it up to bitchiness from having blood drawn.

I don't click on links either for the same reason. My virus protection goes crazy a couple of times a week as it is and I don't visit anything but DS and profession-related sites.

Take a nap and and chill pill. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 07/25/11  5:58pm
" Thanks Peace for understanding why I dont click on links. Too many pcs getting hacked into and too many viruses anymore,people dont even realize they are on their pc and pass them out,. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web