Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Maltodextrin
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
First and foremost, it is important to understand more about maltodextrin. This is an ingredient that is common in many foods. It is cheaply produced and very versatile. It is a common element in packaged foods. Many people consider the ingredient to be harmless. There are some people who consume the ingredient without realizing it. There are some benefits which are provided by the ingredient. There are a particular percentage of people who are affected by the maltodextrin side effects.

Maltodextrin has sweet properties that make it to be used as artificial sweetener. It can function as a thickener and filler. Thus, it can be used for purposes of thickening syrups and gravies. Due to the versatility of the ingredient, it can be used as a weight gaining formula. It is used by fitness enthusiasts. One of the side effects of maltodextrin is that when consumed in large amounts, it can cause weight gain. This is because the ingredients contain high amount of calories that will definitely lead to gaining weight. People who have food allergic reactions should avoid the ingredient. There are people who have allergies to potatoes, wheat and corn, and they should not consume maltodextrim as they are likely to be allergic. The symptoms of the allergy include allergic rhinitis, eczema like rashes, itching and hives.

Maltodextrin is known to have an interesting characteristic where it passes quickly from digestive tract to blood stream. One of maltodextrin side effects is causing the digestive system to relax. This is because the food which contains maltodextrin does not have high nutrition value. Furthermore, your body will be claiming for foods that contain the ingredients especially junk food. The fact that maltodextrin makes your digestive system lazy will make your body crave for junk foods that do not require lots of digestion.

Craving for junk food is not a very interesting idea as it will not only lead to weight gain but also other health problems. One thing that you should know about junk food is that it is easy to digest. When consuming such food, the body will not produce much digestive enzymes. When you eat other foods, your body might not reap maximum benefits. Thus, vitamins and nutrients contained in the food may be wasted. This is because your body will be used to easy digesting of food like chips. In order to avoid maltodextrin side effects, it is recommended that you should not consume foods that contain the ingredient.

Maltodextrin Side Effects

We are all aware that there are side effects to almost everything that you digest out there but Maltodextrin is something that we would least expect to carry its own list of side effects. Maltodextrin is used in quite a number of packaged foods and is most common put in sugar substitutes like Splenda. It has very sweet tendencies therefore it can sell well within these products but unfortunately there are Maltodextrin side effects out there you should be watching for.

Misusing any item can have its own side effects so remember to use these items in moderation. In reports of frequent usage of Maltodextrin weight gain is the leading side effect. It has also been held responsible for cholesterol rises and certain allergic food reactions in some people with known allergies. While the list of Maltodextrin side effects is not a very lengthy one there are still things you should be aware about.

That being said, Maltodextrin does have a benefit side as well. Isn’t it always true that something that is bad for you is usually good for you too? When compared to regular carbohydrates, the Maltodextrin can actually be digested quicker and must easier. This is one of the reasons diabetics use these sugar substitutes more so than others. You should notice Maltodextrin side effects within the first hour or two that you digest it, if you have some type of allergy to it. If nothing occurs then it is safe for you to digest as long as you are using it in moderation. After all, they say our body is a temple and we must control wisely what we allow to enter it. It is always good to know the pros and cons of everything you digest too.
Posted on 06/08/11, 12:30 pm
5 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/08/11  1:42pm
" Where did this information come from? There are no references and it sounds like it was written by a fifth grader.

I can't tell whether I'm supposed to eat it or avoid it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 06/08/11  6:43pm
" LOL I forgot to put the link where I found it!! Fibro fog I suppose...

http://maltodextrinsideeffects.com/ "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 06/08/11  6:48pm
" I looked up the information on maldextrose because the tea I drink has it in it. I was concerned after reading the topic discussion on aspartame. I, like you, was wondering if it was good for me or bad for me? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 06/08/11  6:50pm
" crap...maltodextrin...I've already forgotten what I was talking about! :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 06/08/11  10:28pm
" The website where you found this info is a "canned" site where people with no credentials can post anything they want. The purpose of such sites is to make money on click-throughs to the ads.

Still think it was written by a fifth grader. No cites, no studies, no credentials. Rely on the info at your own risk. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web