Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
TARTAN, EXHAUSTION & CHECK-IN
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
April 6, 2011 Good Morning

TARTAN DAY = on this date in 1320, the Scotts declared itself a kingdom, rather than a feudal land controlled by England's Kings, and litfted the excommunication of Robert the Bruce.

You see, in 1306 Robert the Bruce killed John Comyn on the altar in Greyfriars Church, Dumfries. The Pope then excommunicated Robert and declared that Scottland was ruled by Edward 1 of England.

Anyone who saw the movie Braveheart, understand a small bit of Scottish history. Although the movie was pure Hollywood, it did give the basic idea of the English wanting the land, fighting the Scotts, and basically murdering and plundering. The Scotts were pushed too far, as is always the case eventually, and they rebelled.

Fast Forward to New York City, NY In 1982 and New York City Mayor Ed Koch gave permission for a parade/cele3bration to mark the 200th Anniversary of the repeal of the Act of Proscription of 1747 (the law forbidding Scots to wear tartan, because of Clan affiliation over National affiliation)

So, don your best Kilt or wear your Tartan ribbons and celebrate.
--------------------
Yesterday was a pretty rough day for me, but once again, I survived. YEA! Now if I could only sleep through the night, I would be a happy girl.

I went to my sister's house to plan M's wedding shower and we got it all done. Now I just have to put it all together and pull it off LOL

Today, I have Yoga class in the morning and Body Combat (Martial arts) in the evening. Then later tonight, my daughter R is coming over and we are going to put together Wedding Invitations and shower invitations.

Then I am sure I will want to pass out and hopefully be more tired than painful and sleep through the night.

Wish me luck.

I hope you find 100 reasons to smile today and Dance
----------------
Today's Trivia Question:

-WHAT IS A BABY PORCUPINE CALLED?

-WHAT IS BEING HELD ALOFT BY THE WINGED WOMAN DEPICTED IN THE EMMY AWARD STATUETTE?

ANSWER TO YESTERDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION:
-Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei all share the southeast Asian island of Borneo. Borneo is the third-largest island in the World
Posted on 04/06/11, 09:10 am
16 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/06/11  9:15am
" Hello Dee, I don't have the answer's to the questions,usually don't lol.
You sure have a full day ahead of you.I will pray for you,that like you said hopefully you will be so tired and have very little pain or none at all and be able to get a peaceful nights rest.

Hugs and Prayer's to you :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/06/11  9:18am
" Thank you Lucky. I can use all the help that I can get. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/06/11  9:20am
" I got this today in an e-mail and just have to share it. It made me literally laugh out loud.

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT ASS:
YOU'RE EITHER COVERING IT
LAUGHING IT OFF
KICKING IT
BUSTING IT
TRYING TO GET A PIECE OF IT
BEHAVING LIKE ONE
OR
YOU LIVE WITH ONE

LOL "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/06/11  9:30am
" Morning D and ladies,

Okay....yawn, I made it through yesterday. Class in Am....hands on in the afternoon.

I let this girl do a scalp massage and a shampoo/blow out. She was very rough with her hands. Thankfully, no one recommends these things anymore!
I finally had to say something (that I had a muscle condition) and she eased up quite a bit. But even when she was shampooing my hair, as soon as she would turn on the water, I found myself breathing again. No one will do that today to me! Boy I feel like a wimp.

I also learned how to do some pretty cool updos though...and today I want practice them.

Today Andypants is sporting some red eyes. Possible pink eye...but it could be allergies too....only the day will tell.

Now I'm off to school....more stores are building.

Hug for today...

Oh and D....I believe a baby porcupine's name would be Porky. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/06/11  9:30am
" LOVE the Ass references! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/06/11  9:34am
" Have fun WonderWoman, Come September you will have to jump into your invisible plane and come out here to do our hair for the wedding.

Love you "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/06/11  10:08am
" Good Morning, D and All!

D, as usual, you have me ROFL this morning....and a history lesson too! I did see the movie, and understand the reason for the rebellion a bit better now!

Today I hope to finish repacking the new camper....almost done, just a few things left. I'm aching like crazy from all the carrying, lifting, and climbing, but its all good, cuz I'm so excited....can't wait to go on our first trip later this month!

Unfortunately, this afternoon is office work time....paying bills, etc....eeewww! Not so much fun!

Word of the Day: CLAIRVOYANT: 1. able to see beyond the range of ordinary perception *2. of or relating to the power or faculty of discerning objects not present to the senses

D, glad the planning went well, and hope you enjoy your workouts today.....get some rest this evening and tonight, and I hope the pain eases, my friend! (I think a baby porcupine should be called a pin cushion!)

Lucky, hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

Wonder, have fun today with the styling and updos!

HUGS to all from down south :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/06/11  10:46am
" Hello everyone,
I am in pain this morning, I ran out of my muscle relaxers and don't want to get it filled until I can get a script for the 20 mg ones instead of the 10 mg ones. So tonight after my Doctor's appt it's off to the pharmacy to pick up scripts. I am kind of excited about getting my pain patches back so I can feel half way "normal" I got my feelings hurt yesterday by a co-worker, further increasing my resolve to just stay in my cubicle and away from everyone else in this ofice untuil I retire or have to go on disability. I did go ahead and pay off my Nintendo3DS- it has 3D graphics without the 3D glasses. It's really cool.

D- good moning honey. I hope you make it through your running without bringing a flare on. Just try to rest as often as possible. I can't imagine trying to plan two weddings at once. One would be enough for me. LOL I hope you have fun at your yoga and body contact classes today.

Lucky64- good morning. I hope you have a good day.

Wonder- I still think it is a wonderful thing you are doing. I hope your classes go well. I hope Mr andypants gets better soon and that it is just allergies.

Cajun- good luck with repacking your new camper. Where are you going on your first trip? I hope you have loads of fun.

Love and gentle hugs to all
Andrea "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 04/06/11  12:31pm
" Good Morning D and to All:)

Yes, definitely have me laughing and learning! Now if I could only retain information, it's starting to get really embarrassing!

Yesterday was a day of recovery and today I am doing much better - I guess I am learning:) I was supposed to have a park date with a good friend today, but it is my turn to have a sick child - hopefully just a cold- and the weather doesn't look like it would've cooperated anyways!

Oh - it has to be a porkibaby!

D - have fun with the invitations - you have a full day today - I will hope and pray for a night of fabulous sleep for you
Lucky - hugs to you - have a good day
Wonder - hooray for your first day - my stylist used to have an assistant who would massage and I would hold my breathe the entire time - had no idea why anyone thought that was a good thing! torture - lol - hope it's just an allergy - crossing fingers - I took the sick child this week, you don't get to have one, ok?
Cajun - almost done - yeah - and a trip planned!! makes it all worth it:) rest soon!
Andrea - today is the day - hope your appt goes well - things will look better when you feel better

Many hugs!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 04/06/11  1:02pm
" Thanks for the reminder of Tartan Day! I forgot to wear my kilt - YES, I do wear one.

I'll have to put a reminder on my calendar for next year! "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web