Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
salt, sole, Celtic or Himalayan?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Anyone know much about this stuff? I read yesterday that Himilayan salt is far better than Celtic. I looked around the internet about it, and came across some things, including info about sole (soh~lay).

anyone with info, or experience? Thanks...
Posted on 04/02/11, 04:23 pm
9 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/02/11  5:53pm
" I have never heard of any of these different salts. What are they supposed to be like or what are they used for? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/02/11  6:12pm
" Narey, I book I am reading that was written in the 20's...suggests that Celtic salt is the best for your body. I haven't tried it yet. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/02/11  9:56pm
" Rose, what's the book? I just read that the Celtic salt is now just sitting, being polluted, whereas the Himalayan is deep in the mountain? Also that the Celtic is misleading because a good part of its weight is water. I've been using it for a few months, but think I'll switch to the Himalayan. There's a site that describes the sole that also has a lot of info on the salts. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/03/11  8:48am
" Well, I guess I am being ignored. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/03/11  10:45am
" ?! Clueless here. I just use table salt, iodized. And very little of it at that. Now I will have to do some googling. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/03/11  11:03am
" My vote is for Himalayan...and boy, does it taste yummy too! Very tangy. Adds a lot of flavor to my steel cut oatmeal! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/03/11  11:07am
" D.....I know that various sea salts are better than others due to their enriched minerals they contain.

Just like how the minerals in the land make the wines and even meats taste better around the world. Or how it effects the drinking water in other parts of the world.

I've heard that pink sea salts are better to consume than white. Grey is also up there on the better than others list.

But if I'm no mistaken, most of the salt we consume comes from the middle east as it washes up on land from the Dead Sea. It's then 'cleaned up' or used for road salt.

Or is there another hidden reason? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/03/11  11:30am
" Variety is the spice of life. Salt is mentioned frequently in the Bible. "You are the salt of the earth." I think salt from the seas or the earth is good as long as it is sourced from a clean environment. I use finely ground celtic for my table salt,pink on pizzas, smoked on fish etc. Mortons is not the real deal and I would bet, instead of being healthy it may actually be harmful. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 04/03/11  1:25pm
" I use the Himalayan sea salt from Swansonsvitamins.com. I've been using it for several years. I don't know if it's curing anything but I don't feel the need to use as much as I did before. I'd say I've cut my sodium consumption in half. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web