Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
EAR ACHE!!!
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have had an ear ache (or tooth ache) in my left ear for about two weeks. It seems that it gets some much worse at night. The pain tends to migrate,but the left side is always painful. I've taken pain killers, am on oral antibiotics and have ear drops that are antibiotic...nothing, just more pain. As of I need more pain. ;) Anybody ever have this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Posted on 03/07/11, 11:29 pm
34 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Fibromyalgia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/07/11  11:30pm
" Please forgive all of the typos and bad grammar, the pain is really getting to me. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/07/11  11:41pm
" I tend to have earaches if my tm acts and u clench my jaws. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/08/11  12:16am
" I get sharp ear pains and then cheek, jaw and even chin numbness at times. Today it was just earpain and pain in my neck it didnt last long today and moved somewhere else. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/08/11  1:04am
" It hurts so badly, I'm considering going to the ER. My only hesitancy is that if it turns out to be my tooth, they don't usualy have dentists on call in the ER. I took some Lortab hoping to dull the pain. My friend suggested rum directly on the tooth. Out of desparation I even tried that, nothing is working and i can't even relax enough to go to sleep and deal w/ it in the a.m. Ugh!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 03/08/11  1:14am
" Simmer a garlic clove in a litte organic olive oil until it is pretty strong. Get a dropper and put a few drops in your ear. If you have a heat pack, you can place that directly over your ear. Hope you feel better soon! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 03/08/11  3:50am
" If you feel you should go to the ER, that's probably what you should do.
I get lots of earaches, face/sinus pressure, gum soreness, toothaches that no pain medicine helps, as well as sore throats and swallen and tender glands. I was told it was part of fibro, also some trigger points of the myofascial pain can cause pain in those areas. I have trigger points in my trapezius, and they are know to reffer the pain to those areas in the head/face.
I may not be describing it correctly, and I know everyone is different, but this is my experience. I used to think it were my teeth, or that I had sinus infection, ear infection etc., but after years and years of this, I now realize that most of those were caused by the maofascial pain and some probably by fibro.
Interesting thing is that as suddenly as they appear, they tend to stop just as suddenly. They do last a while sometimes though.
The bad part is now, that I think that even if I were really sick with a sinus infection, strep or ear infection, I would probably wait till it got really bad because I tend to blame everything on fibro or the myofascial pain. I know this is the worst thing to do, it's just so awful to go to the doctor and be told that nothing is wrong with me.
I have so many kinds of pain, that used to freak me out and make me wanna run to the ER and now I just suffer through them.
Please get checked out though if it persists.
I hope you feel better, soon. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 03/08/11  5:48am
" I'd think the antibiotic would have helped both an ear infection or a tooth ache,,,,,,teeth hurt when they are infected. the first thing they do to stop the pain of a toothache is give you antibiotics. Odd. It might not have been a strong enough antibiotic to cure whatever it is though. I hope you feel better quickly!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 03/08/11  6:25am
" Thank you so much for your suggestions and words of encouragement. I was up until about 3am dealing with the pain and it has subsided a little. Hopefully,it's gone for good. If it comes back tonight, I'm going to the ER. Thanks again and soft hugs to you all! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 03/08/11  7:04am
" I get chronic ear aches on the right side. It's the pits.

My doctors put me on both antibiotics and prednisone to help open the eustastion tube.

For me it's a vicious cycle ear then sinuses then chest.

Sending Prayers that you feel better soon.

Hugs,
Mary "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 03/08/11  11:05am
" Thanks again for your well wishes. A friend of mind suggested it may be tmj because I never noticed it, but I do clinch my teeth. I don't really care what it is, I just want it to stop!! Neither the oral nor the ear drop antibiotics are working. I don't really feel like going back to the dr. b/c I don't have the co-pay for them just to say " I don't know". Ugh! "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web